Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2007, 05:38 PM   #1
Taowensf
Registered Users
seller

the kid won't poop on the pottie

Any suggestions to get her to? She has been EC'd since 9 months, and has been peeing consistenly on the toilet when not wearing a diaper. However, she has been strongly against pooping on the toilet, even though we've discussed it and she's excited at the prospect of the plopping noise and the Yay! and the flushing that would come after.

Anyway.. I'm lost! I got pooped on today and then later she pooped OUTside the bathroom. Sigh.
Help!

Advertisement

Taowensf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:24 PM   #2
kochanyk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: the kid won't poop on the pottie

Hmmm, my 3.5 mo/old refuses to go anywhere but the sink or toilet- not even in a CD (guess we're ECing again- I didn't choose EC with either- the kids did lol). I really have no clue- I'm not big on bribery- I guess just stay consistent & positive about it & gently remind her about getting to flush & the positives! Awesome that y'all are so good on pee though- we were just the opposite until DS fully PL'd

Last edited by kochanyk; 02-20-2007 at 06:25 PM.
kochanyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:39 PM   #3
ipumpkin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: the kid won't poop on the pottie

I am BIG into bribery when it comes to pooping in the potty!
Anything she wants! I just went thru the same thing with my ds. He turned 3 in October. We tried bribing him with all kinds of goodies. It was crazy, he finally did it for a dollar. We paid him a few times and now he is a pro. And he thinks he's way rich, too! You just have to find something really special for her and she will go. I think that bribery is fine for something like that. It's not like you will have to bribe her to go on the potty when she seven or even in a couple of weeks. Once they pt they usually don't go back!

Good Luck!
ipumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote