Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2007, 06:21 AM   #21
mommy2maya
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Be careful at public play areas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbehaven007 View Post
OK I hate to be the one to say this.. but I will .. I dont care who you are.. if you touch my kid.. I would smack the **** out of someone.. 7 or not.. and if his mother didnt "handle it" it would be a missunderstanding right there .. I dont start mess.. but for dang sure no punk @$$ kid would touch my child .. But that is just me and the irish blood pumping
Now THAT is absolutely appalling. If ANYONE touched MY kid, no matter what, there'd be a HUGE problem.

Advertisement

Old 02-21-2007, 08:03 AM   #22
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2maya View Post
Now THAT is absolutely appalling. If ANYONE touched MY kid, no matter what, there'd be a HUGE problem.
sorry to get under your skin.. I was being honest.. I hate it when ppl let their kids get out of control.. my little cousin has a huge scar on her head bc of an out of control child that threw a bottle at her at a park.. and nothing was done about it.. ppl to to worried about hurting their kids feelings then what they do to others..

and yes.. I am sure there would be a huge problem... but it would get that mothers attention.. pretty soon she would stay home with her child.. or correct them every once in a while.

Having said that .. I know kids act up .. THEY ALL DO... but when you just sit back and let your ball of fire beat up a child way younger THAT is a problem..
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:13 AM   #23
mommy2maya
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would never let my kid 'get away' with hurting another kid, especially a younger one. But what, if I don't beat the crap out of my kid, you are going to do it for me if they are out of line? I'm glad that you are out there to keep everyone else's kid in line.

So, just curious, would you go whaling on someone else's kid first, or would you approach the parent and voice your concerns? Or would you go after the kid after you voice your opinion and the parent didn't fix it to your satisfaction?

Honestly, we've been in the situation before, where my little child was being bullied by an older child, whose mother didn't step in to my satisfaction. I removed my child from the situation, which was the only thing I could see that would work. Hmm, maybe I should have spanked the other kid- that could have worked much better.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:39 AM   #24
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2maya View Post
I would never let my kid 'get away' with hurting another kid, especially a younger one. But what, if I don't beat the crap out of my kid, you are going to do it for me if they are out of line? I'm glad that you are out there to keep everyone else's kid in line.

So, just curious, would you go whaling on someone else's kid first, or would you approach the parent and voice your concerns? Or would you go after the kid after you voice your opinion and the parent didn't fix it to your satisfaction?

Honestly, we've been in the situation before, where my little child was being bullied by an older child, whose mother didn't step in to my satisfaction. I removed my child from the situation, which was the only thing I could see that would work. Hmm, maybe I should have spanked the other kid- that could have worked much better.
Dont know why you getting all up in a huff.. I never said I would spank YOUR kid.. or anyones kid.. but I did say I would smack someone.. I never had to put my hands on another persons child.. I hope I never have to ... but I personally wouldnt just sit there and let a 7 year old pound on my 3 year old.. yes.. kids fight.. but not a 7 year old pinning a 3 year old.. that is a big difference.. and No I wouldnt beat a kid up .. common now.. but I would be peeved.. and yank that kid up ..and yell at someones kid.. it just peeves me when I read about these kids getting beat up .. bc someone doesnt correct there child.. Yes.. kids pick ..and fight.. but that is differ.. Have you ever seen your kid get held down and beat up by a huge kid... ? common.. dont tell me you would just pick up your 3 year old and leave like nothing happened.. and you are right.. I might not touch the kid.. ( besides throw them off ) but me and momma hen would have a missunderstanding right then and there..
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:43 PM   #25
Cryssie
Registered Users

My Mood:

UGH!! I always go with my DC the first time on the playground. He is 6. He is wanting to start going to the mens room by himself but I'll not let him. I can't see waht goes on there. It totally freaks me out.
Cryssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:24 PM   #26
applecrunch78
Registered Users
seller

omg thats aweful, how sad that in this world things like that happen