Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
Momma_Ashley
Registered Users
seller

possible multiples?

I hope this is the right place for my questions

DH and I just found out were expecting! DD is only 7 months, but were thrilled. Anyways, I got a bfp on Sunday, and the lines keep getting darker day by day (obviously ). I'm still nursing DD so I don't know when my lmp was, which means I have no clue when my edd is, or when I ovulatedN yadda yadda. So we have a good friend who does ultrasounds, and we went in and she couldn't see the baby yet, barelllly the sac. So she estimated that I'm 4 weeks.

So I was chatting with my sister and she started going on about how it may be twins because the test showed up so quickly.

Identical twins are present in my family, but from what I understand identical aren't genetic, right? My dad is an identical twin, as is my mothers dad.

Sooo what do you all think?

Advertisement

Old 06-11-2009, 08:10 AM   #2
BlsdMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: possible multiples?

I get a positive test 12 days past ovulation. Sorry! It could be, but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:39 PM   #3
leilalily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: possible multiples?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_Ashley View Post
Identical twins are present in my family, but from what I understand identical aren't genetic, right? My dad is an identical twin, as is my mothers dad.

Sooo what do you all think?
What you said above is what I read when I did a lot of reading 6 years ago on the subject. Obviously things may change in 6 years.
I have 6 year old identical twins and I just (7 weeks ago) had another set of twins. We do not know if this set is identical or not....but 2 sets of identical twins is supposed to be really rare. Even one set of identical and one set of fraternal? To add to it, I have absolutely no twins anywhere in my family.
So anything can happen.
leilalily is offline   Reply With Quote