Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2009, 03:08 PM   #71
Bee Green Naturals
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Editing too often?

Thanks!!!

Advertisement

Old 06-25-2009, 03:14 PM   #72
birdseye
Registered Users
Formerly: clothbyl**
seller

Thank you!!!
birdseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:21 PM   #73
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree that this change is going to drastically effect my opinion of DS.

We def. need to be able to edit in our Due Date groups, I can see the need in the TTC forums as well as Adoption. It's SO much easier to update in your FIRST post than to have people Scrolling through thirty or more posts trying to find your updates! I always update my original posts! Even in parenting & OTC.

I agree that perhaps a post count limit could be used or maybe only allow the FIRST post to be edited continually and not all the following comments. That way the person who STARTED the convo can update. Either of these would be acceptable comprimises.

Last edited by TeachinAuntie; 06-25-2009 at 06:06 PM.
TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:30 PM   #74
Rock A Buy Boutique
Registered Users
Formerly: Sgt.Slum
seller

My Mood:

FYI: I got a warning for saying the 'S' word... and not the 'poop' one. Hope you can edit that! uh-oh...

I have an opinion about somethings also, but will keep them to myself so no warning needed
Old 06-25-2009, 03:50 PM   #75
Rock A Buy Boutique
Registered Users
Formerly: Sgt.Slum
seller

My Mood:

I considered the same thing, mostly because these Dell ads are REALLY slowing the site down for me... but the more I dig into this site, the less I get on this site and I have a feeling I will really have to start 'digging' through post if we can't edit... oh well. Every good thing must come to an end.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:46 PM   #76
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I actually prefer a no edit rule except for FSOT, WAHM, etc type forums.

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:41 PM   #77
chickenmonkeybaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't like this rule because it is soooooo micro-managing. There are a lot of things that could be avoided by micro managing, but then what kind of site would this be?

But if you must make it a rule.....I see why the no edit rule can be good; it can prevent someone from getting angry and deleting all of their posts as far back as they can go. But 5 minutes is too little. How about 24 or 48 hours or something?

Also, you need to give people a major heads up about it. I mean like a month or so. It is definitely sucky to just spring it on your members.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:41 PM   #78
ChicanaCoqueta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

yay, edit button back and in full effect

ETA: thanks!
Old 06-25-2009, 06:51 PM   #79
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for bringing it back. I can see the use in not having it, but one of the reasons I love DS is because I can edit. I love the edit feature for all the reasons everyone already stated. But, another reason I love it is because I don't mind sharing some things about my personal life, but sometimes I want to be able to go take it out later so that the info isn't there forever.

Please, let us know if this change happens again before it happens. I personally will not post pictures anymore except on FSOT if I can't edit them out. Please give us a heads up so we can edit out any photos we already have and might want to take out before the change.

Thank You!
Old 06-25-2009, 06:52 PM   #80
designmegara
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieixiq View Post
Admins, PLEASE a) let us know if you plan to enact this change again, and b) give us a rationale. I see that you listened to people's complaints and reinstated the feature for now, but no one ever answered the "why?" question. To me, an explanation is warranted, especially if a lot of us users want to know.
Thanks!!
I'm obviously NOT a mod or admin, but I think I can answer 'b' pretty clearly-they are called 'big girl panties' and they want us to start wearing them Meaning they don't want people who get nasty to back peddle and change their posts. They obviously overlooked needing exceptions (like WAHM, FSOT, etc), but I like the general idea of 'no editing'-it makes you (general you) THINK before you post and own what you say. In the case of this site, certain boards that *should* be 'no drama' like the weight loss board could get away with being able to edit, but most of the board should be no edit IMO. Yeah typos suck, but when everyone is making them no one really cares

Admin as soon as you figure out which boards NEED to be able to edit (like FSOT and WAHM) I hope you bring back the 'no edit' feature.

I can't remember who said no editing was micromanaging. How is making people own what they themselves post on a public board 'micromanaging'? Seriously, I don't get it.

Admin you rock for trying to make everyone own what they post. I hope once you get the bugs worked out you bring it back to stay for most of the site.