Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-02-2009, 09:58 AM   #91
my4blessings
Registered Users
Formerly: my3kiddos
seller

My Mood:
Re: UPDATED: @!*(%$@ I'm infected with spyware/malware again.....anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erp0620 View Post
I've got Firefox and adblock and I still get it at times.
I also have firefox and adblock and just had to reformat my hard drive because of this virus!

Advertisement

Old 07-02-2009, 02:32 PM   #92
Maddiburg
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok HELP! I've been trying to fix it these past few days but we've been infected too! My husband is stark raving mad because this was a computer we bought for the kids but I use it because our computer is completely messed up too. EEK Help! I know its from here(ds) because I don't go anywhere else and its when I've been on this and it completely takes me to places without me clicking on anything!

How do I get rid of it!
We have mcafee and its not working. Its basically telling me it can't help me and that we're already infected. How do I clean it off or get rid of it?
HELP!!
It says there are 10 spyware virus threats detected.
Maddiburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:45 PM   #93
melyaro
Registered Users
seller

fyi I just dealt with a nasty virus the last 2 days. it turned by wallpaper blue with a big warning sign that I had spyware on my computer and then my computer crashed everytime I tried to open firefox or explorer.

From what I read it was "spysheriff" and none of my regular spyware/antivirus stuff worked. I downloaded a program called smitfraudfix.exe which I have used in the past for bad viruses. It worked like a charm. If you google it you can probably find the download link (it's freeware) plus instructions all about starting in safe mode and exactly what to do (its a little steppy). I don't know why this program works when others don't but it's really great.

Also, after the virus was gone my internet still wouldn't work and I found out that whatever happened along the way made it so google desktop was messed up. I didn't even know I had google desktop installed, I know I don't use it, but sure enough, once the virus was gone and I uninstalled google desktop my system is back to normal.
melyaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:15 PM   #94
Lee
Registered Users

My Mood:

Alright, as much as we can tell the problem was cleared up. If you are infected by something (malware, spyware, or virus), then I am posting up what steps I took to clean up my PC from this attack.

1) Install, update database and run full scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Attach malwarebyte full scan log, fix anything detected.

2) Run full Scan with SuperAntispyware. Fix what it detects.

That knocked out everything and I am running great now!
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:42 PM   #95
*LizziesLoops*
Registered Users
Formerly: angelami4
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingababe View Post
I keep getting a virus, but my system deletes it. I would highly recommend Avast. It rocks. I NEVER have any issues. It's free and has saved me from so many different virus' malware, spyware, etc. My mom is a computer analyst for the fed. govt. and this is what they use on there systems.
Same here! Avast has blocked it the past few times this happened. Knocked me completely off of DS while blocking the virus at the same time. Didn't even let the popup windows come up that y'all are talking about. I really recommend Avast and it's free!
~Amy Eddie: Heather (1/7/2007), Mikayla (11/4/2009), an angel baby (3/29/11), and Michael Edward(3/22/12) We are now expecting baby #4 in January 2014!!!

*LizziesLoops* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:54 PM   #96
harmoni247
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

it took me a combo of avast and malwarebytes to get rid of mine.....now i've switched to linux OS with firefox and adblock plus
harmoni247 is offline   Reply With Quote