Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-28-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
lotsuvlittles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Exclamation X-Posted--FYI: Carseats and Ford vans

Since many of you may have big vans I wanted to post what I found in my owner's manual for my 2008 Ford E350 12 passenger van.

Quote:
WARNING: Because the last row of seats in the 12 passenger
and 15 passenger configuration is not equipped with LATCH
anchors and is spaced closer to the row of seats in front, Do not use forward-facing or rear-facing child seats (other than belt-positioning boosters) in the last row.

Advertisement

Back online and getting caught up. Thanks for your patience.
lotsuvlittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:59 AM   #2
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: X-Posted--FYI: Carseats and Ford vans

Yes, in my 15 passenger no carseats in the last row, essentially making my van a 13 passenger, since I would never put a child in a lapbelt.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:28 PM   #3
lotsuvlittles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Is your last row seat closer to the bench in front of it than the other rows?

When we were considering buying a van I told my dh I didn't want one that had lap belts. It cost us more, but ours has shoulder belts in all 12 positions and the bench seat backs are a little higher than they used to make them although I still wish they had head rests.

Back online and getting caught up. Thanks for your patience.
lotsuvlittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #4
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsuvlittles View Post
Is your last row seat closer to the bench in front of it than the other rows?

When we were considering buying a van I told my dh I didn't want one that had lap belts. It cost us more, but ours has shoulder belts in all 12 positions and the bench seat backs are a little higher than they used to make them although I still wish they had head rests.

Don't get me started on my annoyance at the whole thing, LOL. Mine is a 1996, we bought it used when we only had 5. I am not sure if the last bench is closer. We just added it this month in anticipation of our 10th expected. I cannot get back there, I am 8 months pregnant. My dd says it is not any closer. We have one more spot to go until we are out of space in our van, not counting those two useless seats on last bench. If we buy another we will have airplane seating put in w/ headrest and all lap/shoulder, but my twins are close to driving age and going away to college in three years so we are just waiting to see what we will really need. My youngest 5 are in 5pt, two in Regents so we utilize those laps for those. When we bought our van all 5 were in 5pt or booster, not having the issue of no headrests then. How fast it all goes, LOL.