View Poll Results: Do you use nursing cover in public?
Always 36 17.22%
Sometimes 36 17.22%
Rarely 30 14.35%
Never 102 48.80%
Other 5 2.39%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-07-2009, 10:12 PM   #91
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Do you use a nursing cover in public?

i do, but with my recent NIP has been at church and I don't want to distract people. She draws a lot of attention with her gulping anyways. I almost always cover in some way.Once we're a little better together I'll just drape a burp cloth over her, it will keep me covered and her from being distracted while still being pretty light.

eta: I tend to nurse over the top of a shirt or dress so there's a bit more to see if I don't cover. I got a cover with the bendable metal in it so it's hands free, airy, and I can see DD

Wife to Nick, 10 years now. Mom to Lydia (c/s) 6/6/07, Arwen (HBAC) 6/3/09, Silas (HBAC) 7/2/12 and Archer HBAC 10/15/14. Jesus loving, CDing, BFing, non vaxing , homeschooling SAHM who loves my new community is Spring Hill, TN

Last edited by remrath; 07-07-2009 at 10:15 PM.
remrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:30 PM   #92
Baby Jake's Mom
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Do you use a nursing cover in public?

Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
I use a flat as a cover up in public. I don't feel the need to cover on most ocassions, but I DO out of respect for other people. I feel that some people are uncomfortable with a nursing mother showing skin. I don't mind covering up for the sake of other people's taboos - even if I don't agree with them. I'm not out to "prove" anything or to make a statement about how nursing is natural, a-sexual, and need not be hidden -- I just want to feed my baby period. Covering up just simplifies things for me, I think.

I have a blanket that I put a strap on that I use when I'm out if I feel people will be uncomfortable.
Wife to J, mommy to Jake 'n' Bake 02/09, Samwich and our angel in heaven 03/08
Baby Jake's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote