View Poll Results: Are you ever not content to be a SAHM?
Yes happens all the time. 20 22.22%
Yes happens about once every few months 32 35.56%
Nope - are you crazy. 24 26.67%
Other 14 15.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-07-2009, 03:48 PM   #31
MT_ranch_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Question for SAHM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher's Momma View Post
First off, to you.

I answered Other to the poll because I know that I am content to be a SAHM, but I don't think people are crazy for not wanting to do the same. I think it's not for everyone and it's MUCH harder than people realize. I am really sorry you're having a tough time. It sounds like you need to make a change. Don't blame AF, she's probably just helping bring out the feelings you know you're having. Have you thought about putting the older kiddos into public school? That might lighten your load. Also, do your kids have chores? You shouldn't have to clean 12 hours a day once your kids are old enough to pick up after themselves. I don't know what the solution is for you, but I hope you find it.
Feel the exact same way and voted 'other' also.

Advertisement

MT_ranch_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:52 PM   #32
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For me its more that I would like to work for the extra cash but I dont think I could ever put my childs care in the hands of someone I do not know. Not that there is anything wrong with it but it is just not for me I dont trust very many people.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:02 PM   #33
Sakari
Registered Users

When I'm working I'm wishing I could be home with DD, wondering how she is, what she's doing, etc, etc! When I'm at home (Esp lately when I've been without a vehicle) I get stir crazy. I have been lucky enough to have had a couple short term PT jobs that DH has helped me be able to do - which helped my state of mind immensely!! (I think he realized it was important, too) Being able to do something that I did before marriage and kids also helped our marriage and family life. Before that time things weren't pretty! I was a crab!! So even tho it put us back a LOT financially, I'm really happy and feel very blessed that DH helped make it possible. So that's the long way of saying I understand where you're coming from!

I like the ideas of just finding ways to get out of the house. playdates, etc. finding other SAHM's that you connect with. I have had a really hard time finding that here.... But I think it would be good for me, so I want to keep trying!

I voted every few months, but actually it's probably more than that....

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote