Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-01-2006, 10:22 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: I'm new to Cding and I need HELP!

I also have well water, and it leaves little to be desired. I have had multiple washing issues, but have found some things that work better than others. I do a cold soak/wash, hot/cold with Allens and Dawn, warm/warm nothing, and a cold/cold nothing. I have to rinse a lot due to my HARD water.

As for the free and clear detergents.... they made my dd's bottom look horrible. The brighteners in them reacted with her urine and burned her. It started as a prickly rash, and turned into a blister type rash. I felt awful!!! I didn't know what was causing it until I researched more. I had to strip my dipes forever to get them clean enough to stop the rashes.

I currently am not completely satisfied with my Allens. Because of my hard water, it doesn't rinse real easy. I am getting ready to try SUN. Atleast it is inexpensive to try. Good luck!

I have a wet bag, but use plastic grocery bags while i'm out. I more often use them than my wet bag. I really need to get a smaller wet bag that fits in my diaperbag.

Enjoy your cd's, they are sooo much fun. I am going to be sad when my dd PL's. Silly I know.

fouradss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:08 AM   #12
Registered Users
Re: I'm new to Cding and I need HELP!

I have noticed that alot of people are using Allens detergent. I have never looked for it before. Where can I get it- wal-mart?
aliyahsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote