Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-01-2007, 01:55 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Sun detergent

We use Sun Free too. No problems. We get it at Ralphs supermarket.

gringacely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:04 PM   #12

I have used sun detergent off & on for almost a year now with no problems. it is the regular sun, not the free kind.
Caitlin - mom to Viktor 3/8/06

yellow spider, yellow leaf. confirms my deepest held belief.
worldwarcaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:12 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

I found sun free at Big Lots. I also like purex free and clear, but my favs are allens naturally and charlies soap.

** Note about Dawn, according to sarah at pinstripesanpolkadots, Dawn isn't meant for everyday washing of diapers....
"Dawn Dishwashing Detergent:

Dawn dishwashing detergent is often recommended for use in stripping diapers. This recommendation is based on the fact that dawn dish detergent is an excellent at binding to greasy, oily substances and allowing them to be washed away. When diapers have been exposed to fabric soften (animal fats), essential oils, or some natural detergents (soap scum) then using Dawn can help "strip" the diapers from these oils. For more information on this procedure click here. Using Dawn for these cases make sense because you are tackling a specific issue.

Often people will asks about using Dawn dish soap on a regular basis for cleaning diaper laundry, here is my take on that. As an every other week or monthly preventative build-up solution, I can't see it being problematic.

As an everyday way to clean you diapers, I wouldn't recommend Dawn. I also would ask those of you using front loaders to use extreme caution. Dish washing liquid is not low-sudsing and may damage your machines.

For everybody though, I do not suggest using Dawn in your daily, or every couple of days washing routine. Why? The main reason is that Dawn has been specially formulated to wash hard, non-porous surfaces. It has not been formulated to wash fabric. This means it will be difficult to rinse Dawn from the fabric when you use a sufficient amount for cleansing. The extra rinses have the potential to waste time, money, and water.

Dawn also contains dyes and fragrance which have their own issues discussed at length on this website."
Karen Wife Of Nate Mommy Of Noah April 05 & Caleb March 08
mommyofnoah is offline   Reply With Quote