Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-28-2007, 10:38 AM   #31
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Toddler Wearing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetforestcat View Post
Did you fnd any good wraps yet mama? I hope you have! about referring me...I didn't even know you could do that there! I do have the same username there though as everywhere else. LOL
Actually, I was going to go to a NINO meeting here last weekend but it collided with a family thing. Not to mention, we were in a blizzard that day so we didnt even do the family thing. Then my girls got sick so I've been out of work...no money coming in. So it's going to be a few weeks or so until I can even afford a used one.

I think I decided on a mei tai though because then I can carry her on my hip or my back (I want to be able to carry her both ways)

Thanks for all the help. That baby wearing forum is great!! I wish I had found that when DD was an infant so I could have learned to wear her correctly already then!

Advertisement

EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:11 PM   #32
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:

I would definitely say a mei tai too. I just got one from ebay because wearing my ds in the sling was getting to hard now that he is 9 months old. I still use it for quick trips, but the mei tai distributes his weight evenly which is nice.

You can get a nice one from ebay for $25ppd. I just bought one there and love it!!!
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:27 PM   #33
mikahsmomma
Registered Users
seller

My DS is about a week older than your gal and I still wear him quite a bit. I have a MeiTei for longer carries - he slept in it while we shopped at Payless this weekend and I wore him on my back while getting DD fitted for a flower girl dress on Monday. Things that I really need both hands free for and that take longer than 10-15 minutes. I use a pouch (Hotsling or Mom & Me Creations Pea in a Pod) for shorter carries - running into the post office and such. They're a lot easier for popping in and out, but he's wiggly enough that they're not entirely hands free anymore.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:13 AM   #34
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do, he's 21 months and I wear him for walks, laundromat, shopping etc in my Kozy Carrier (back carry) and for quick trips I just pop him in a Hotsling (hip carry)
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:31 PM   #35
Lizzy
Registered Users

My Mood:

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=103926

i have this for sale. but in general, i think if you baby wants carried and you are ok with that, that you should do whatever it takes to make that possible and comfortable to the both of you. :-)

i guess that makes me the ringleader!
Lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote