Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-01-2006, 08:36 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: What else do I need???

I just got into wool and I love it!! Don't be scared its sooo cute!! I pretty sure you only need to wash it like 1 time a month and same with lanolizing it. It's pretty easy I just wash mine with baby shampoo (can't find good wool wash in local stores) and then let it soak in the Lanolin for atleast 15 min ring it dry with a towel and hang it to dry in our landury room. That easy! Also sometimes they come to you already washed and lanolized and you don't have to do anything!!!!

MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:41 AM   #12
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
My Mood:

Where do you buy lanolin? What for does it some in? I didn't know you could use baby shampoo, I thought you had to use wool wash. I have no issue handwashing/hang drying as that is what I do with several of dd's things.
Dawn, proud mama to Finn (11/23/10), Sully (2), Lilly J (4) Madison (8) and Alex (15). Head over heels in love with my hubby Jim
GrowingUpMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:42 AM   #13
Registered Users

I love wool. Its not scratchy at all. Its really very soft not like those old aweful sweaters we used to have to wear. Test out some merino wool its addicting its so soft and great for when they are tiny. Lanolizing is easy btw. I thought it would be hard but its not. At first I used the lansinoh that I added to a bowl of hot water, a dab of baby shampoo and wisked it all together then let the wool soak in it for about 15min. Thats it then you just let it dry. The cool thing is you only have to do that every month or so.
~~Shaine mommy to three great girls!~~
My blog
YYMN spots available!
Shaineinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:13 AM   #14
Registered Users

Wow, your stash is impressive! I had far less than that, and still ended up not using some things. . . I have no comparison for size though, because dd was small, so she stayed in some of her newborn stuff well over two months. . .

As far as wool, I'm just getting into it myself. We use it at night all the time, and I'm starting to use a few covers in rotation during the day. My biggest fear is the initial lanolizing, because after that it's pretty easy. . . I've been mostly buying stuff that comes washed and lanolized, to avoid that part :lol But I have one new cover that I need to lanolize. . . It's not hard, I'm just afraid I won't do it right. After that initial time, mostly if you use a wash with lanolin in it you can avoid having to lanolize too often . . . At least we have so far!

Good luck with the new baby! You certainly have a nice newborn stash!

Ang, now WAHM to Sapphire (11/05), and our two furbabies Trouble and Emma!
amyers is offline   Reply With Quote