Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2009, 11:50 PM   #1
loveskilts
Registered Users

My Mood:
any US military mamas in the UK??

i have a favor to ask.

dd is in loooooove with peppa pig on noggin at the moment. naturally, they don't sell anything peppa over here in the stores. uk only. i've been on ebay for weeks trying to buy some secondhand peppa beanies & clothes for her, but most of the ebay vendors won't ship overseas. they'll only ship to a uk address

is there anyone out there in the uk at the moment that would permit me to have the ebay stuff mailed to you and then would you forward it to me from the base post office? you can absolutlely open and inspect the package to be assured that it's *only* peppa pig items, and not something illegal or worse. i can send you the cost for the U.S. postage via funded or cc paypal account. i wanted to get her some of the beanie babies, a peppa shirt or two or maybe an outfit of some sort, and/or maybe a pair of slippers with peppa on them?

anyone out there feeling like doing a mitzvah? is there anything i can do on this end to return the favor?

anyone

??

Advertisement

Old 06-21-2009, 03:07 PM   #2
Lisa_delo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: any US military mamas in the UK??

I am from the UK but living in the US. My family are still over there though. My mum currently is in New Zealand for 10 weeks visiting my sister. But my MIL is over there, she lives in Wales. I could ask her if you like. She is real nice and I honestly don't think she will mind. PM me and let me know

I am not too good at re checking messages
Old 06-23-2009, 02:12 AM   #3
loveskilts
Registered Users

My Mood:

thank you so much for the offer! i was kind of hoping to find a military mama. if you mail things from a base post office, you don't have to pay overseas shipping. you pay domestic rates through the military mail - which would help. uk overseas postage rates aren't really all that bad, but it adds up. it would depend on the item if paying internationally shipping would be worth it?? can i keep you posted??

thank you again for your offer of help! it's very, very much appreciated!

Old 07-10-2009, 05:18 PM   #4
mumx2gurlz
Registered Users

My Mood:

military mama here in the uk! my lil one also loves peppa pig U can find some cute peppa pig outfits at [mothercare dot com I got DD some tops and clogs from there. I am not sure if they ship to the u.s. or not. Do u have a multi regional dvd player? As uk discs will not play in a regular u.s. dvd player. Have u also tried the UK site for toysrus? I know they have several of the toys here. Or have u tried going on to the noggin website and checked if they have an online store u can get the episodes from? Let me know if i can be more help.
mumx2gurlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 03:09 AM   #5
loveskilts
Registered Users

My Mood:

thank you so much for the reply!! are you a U.S. mil mama? ??

mumx2gurlz: U can find some cute peppa pig outfits at [mothercare dot com

............... ooo! i did not know that. i tried google.co.uk for next, but had not known about mothercare. because the exchange rate is so bad to go USD to GBP, i've been trying to find nice used things on ebay.co.uk. the postage will already take a bite out of my budget, so i was really hoping to snag some cheapie-cheap stuff on ebay.

mumx2gurlz: Do u have a multi regional dvd player?

............. we dont', however there are bits of freeware online that will convert dvd code from the uk region to the us region. i was figuring on doing this

mumx2gurlz: Have u also tried the UK site for toysrus?

i have, but run into the same problem with the exchange rate. it's a killer. it takes around 1.70 USD to buy 1.00 GBP. sometimes you can find little used peppa beanies on ebay for 99p... i was hoping to get something like that. i have been on noggin/nick/five sites, but there isn't really anything to download.

mumx2gurlz: Let me know if i can be more help.

............. are you US military stationed abroad? we were in germany for awhile. i would've given ANYTHING to have been in the UK. i love it there. just love it i love the accents, i love it all. i especially love british tv... abfab, the office, etc... we get BBC america over here, which is very cool! i also really love the brit childrens' shows. soooooo nice and polite compared to a lot of the american stuff - - plus i get to listen to the accents