Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-18-2009, 10:06 PM   #1
remrath
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Best glass bottle? *** Found one!***

I got a set of the evenflo b/c they were so cheap but it seems like that nipple is very hard for her. I bought some playtex ventaire b/c they look just slightly fatter but I don't know if that will help all that much. I want something a little more like the breast so it won't be confusing. She's taken to the playtex dropins just fine, but I'd really like to have glass and get rid of those. Any suggestions? Cost isn't too big a deal b/c I have gift money for her and I only play on getting maybe 3 of each size b/c we bf the vast majority of the time. Thanks!

ETA: the Born Free are awesome. Pricey, but for BF you may not need too many. The vent system works great and the nipple is much wider. It's a little smaller than the playtex drop ins, but bigger than standard so it works really well. On standard glass bottles (evenflo and /dr. browns) her lips would actually go down to the cap b/c she's used to bf and it seemed to make it harder for her to latch on to me next time. The born free are def worth it and it looks like the small size will actually hold 6 oz so I prob won't even need the large size!

Advertisement

Wife to Nick, 10 years now. Mom to Lydia (c/s) 6/6/07, Arwen (HBAC) 6/3/09, Silas (HBAC) 7/2/12 and Archer HBAC 10/15/14. Jesus loving, CDing, BFing, non vaxing , homeschooling SAHM who loves my new community is Spring Hill, TN

Last edited by remrath; 07-22-2009 at 02:02 PM.
remrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:37 PM   #2
MamaWillow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best glass bottle?

We use Born Free glass, the 5 ounce size. I think it's 5, the smaller ones, whatever that is. I like them a lot. DS has always "nursed" fine with them. We only have 2, that seems to be all we need.
Rachel, SAHM to a 9yo teenager , a 4yo charmer , and a toddling koala bear , and wife to my hard-working hubs. Mostly AP, co-sleeping (with all 3!), BFing, quite crunchy, thrifty, curly-haired mama. Loving my life.
MamaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:02 PM   #3
remrath
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best glass bottle? *** Found one!***

Found one!
Wife to Nick, 10 years now. Mom to Lydia (c/s) 6/6/07, Arwen (HBAC) 6/3/09, Silas (HBAC) 7/2/12 and Archer HBAC 10/15/14. Jesus loving, CDing, BFing, non vaxing , homeschooling SAHM who loves my new community is Spring Hill, TN
Old 07-26-2009, 10:05 PM   #4
remrath
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best glass bottle? *** Found one!***

Compliments of PatsFan on my other thread:
Quote:
Just for reference, these Evenflo Comfort Select nipples are hard to find, but they're wider and fit on the Evenflo glass bottles: http://www.ingeling.com/41.html.