Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-07-2007, 12:09 PM   #1
ErinM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help please! My FFs are wicking at the legs.

I need some advice. My Fuzzi Fannies seem to be wicking around the leg holes. I use mf towels with a mf doubler so the insert goes all the way to the edge but that doesn't seem to be stopping them from leaknig.

Do I need to strip them or is there some other solution?

Thanks!

Advertisement

ErinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:38 PM   #2
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help please! My FFs are wicking at the legs.

You know. I found with our FF's that I had to be careful not to overstuff. We have not had any leaks when I use just a plain old premium infant prefold. I think the inserts that are stiff like CB's just make it fit too stiff. The prefold is nice and soft and gets a good fit through the legs. Our guy is 22 months old and can pee a river. I never get leaks.

Good luck!
Old 03-07-2007, 01:18 PM   #3
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use MOE inserts (similar to CB) and have only had probs if:
A: DD was soaking thru the soaker (if the CB is dripping you need more absorbancy or to change more frequently)
B: my dipes need to be stripped (only happened for me when nanny when crazy w/ the diaper cream and I prepped some IPFs in the washer)
C: DD's recently starting to toddle so her legs are thinning out a tad--now she can only wear her FF and FB w/ wool 'cause they're all too big right now.

Any of those possibilities for you?
Old 03-07-2007, 01:23 PM   #4
ErinM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

C: DD's recently starting to toddle so her legs are thinning out a tad--now she can only wear her FF and FB w/ wool 'cause they're all too big right now.

That could be it. She's a crawling maniac so her legs are getting a bit thinner. I think I could be overstuffing them too. I'm going to try with just a mf towel and see if we can last a couple of hours. I hate this trial and error stuff.
ErinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:13 PM   #5
jrk
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I know some people have said it's because the fleece is wrapped around to the outside. But, my pocket stash is 90% ff's and as long as you don't let it get super soaked, it shouldn't wick. Unless, they need to be stripped or you're not getting a good fit.
jrk is offline   Reply With Quote