Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2007, 09:40 PM   #81
Ashwin'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: onebumatatime!
seller

My Mood:
Re: show off BF babies..

Hi!! How sweet!!! I lvoe your pics of your little doll!!

Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbieAnn79 View Post
]here is my youngest DD.. and current nursling ( my 4th and final baby and nursling)

getting her first breastmilk feed via oro-gastric tube ( 6 ml's!) 1 lb 11 oz 12 inches at birth and about 1 lb 4 oz here at 8 days old ( she lost weight)

first breastfeed in the NICU at 8 1/2 weeks old and about 2 lbs 12 oz and 13 3/4 inches--

5 months old and 8 lbs 19 inches.. getting momma milk through naso-jejunal feeding tube (yellow thing in her nose, next to the oxygen tubing--her eyes look funny because he is heavily medicated here (in the pediatric ICU))

first birthday! no more tubes on her face!(she has a G-tube that is hidden under her dress.. ) she didnt get to eat the cake, but oh well! she is 13 lbs and 24 inches here

15 months old. she is 15 lbs and 25 inches ..... she is breastfeeding mostly for comfort off and on throughout the day and gets 99% of her nutrition through her G -tube. I pump my breastmilk for her and we add medical food powder to it to add extra calories.

Kirsten learning to pull to stand!!!(15 months here also).. the bag you see runs through a machine (an enteral feeding pump) and delivers momma milk to her through her gastrostomy tube in her tummy throughout the day-Kirsten has chronic gastro-intestinal/feeding/growing problems mostly due to her prematurity .we were told at 5 months old she had so many problems she would never breastfeed again.told me to give up.. stop pumping and put her on medical food formula because it was a lost cause....they were mising the point -even if she never accomplished 100% oral feeds breastfeeding it isnt JUST about the "food"....i continued to pump for her tube feeds and at 10 months ,after a lot of work on her behalf and mine,She began breastfeeding again...breastfeeding is the only source of food she consumes orally at all at this point in her life..it isnt much,maybe 1/2 an ouce to 1 ounce here or there and not enough to sustain her (hence the tube feeds) but it is more than a source of food , but a unique relationship as most mommas know.it provides a sourse of comfort and security and at least some oro-motor experiance..

here is one IJUST took of her nursing.. (16 months)

Advertisement

Old 03-08-2007, 09:51 PM   #82
Kiddo353
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: show off BF babies..

Here my 1st boobie baby-bf for 5.5 mo-6lbs 11oz at birth

and her today at 4.5 yrs

My 2nd boob baby-bf for 6.5 mo-7lbs 6oz at birth

her today at almost 3

and here's my 3rd and current boobie baby-been bfing since day 1 and still going strong!-8lbs 2oz at birth

and yesterday at 5mo old & @ 16lbs

Last edited by Kiddo353; 03-08-2007 at 10:10 PM.
Kiddo353 is offline   Reply With Quote