Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-15-2009, 07:39 PM   #1
hylndlas
Registered Users

"Recycling" a diaper into something still useful.

So unfortunately one of my BG 3.0's pul is cracking and so far I have been unable to find my recipe to return it to Cotton Babies.

I REALLY hate to toss this diaper.....namely because I hate throwing stuff out if I think I can get another use out of it somehow.

I've been thinking about taking it apart and making a mama pad out of it. Anyone done anything like this?

Anyone "reuse" a pocket diaper for something else? Give me some ideas!

Oh and anyone has made mama cloth out of an old diaper spam me.....I don't sew very well, so I'll have to have someone do it for me.

Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 08-15-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
nullgal
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: "Recycling" a diaper into something still useful.

What about as a swim diaper? Just use it with nothing inside and put it on like a cover. Then, you still get some good use out of it. I would be worried about using it as a mama pad because if the PUL is cracked, theres nothing to stop leaks. I've also discovered my daughter using her smaller, broken diapers on her dolls, which is very, very cute!
nullgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:02 PM   #3
Len27
Registered Users
seller

I was going to say swim diaper as well. I have a kushies cover that I use for a swim dipe, it works great.
Len27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:48 PM   #4
laceysmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

If you go onto cotton babies website and sign into your account you should see the order on their website and be able to print the receipt. I just signed on mine to check and every single order I've ever made with them is on my account..... all 11 of them
Old 08-16-2009, 06:49 PM   #5
hylndlas
Registered Users

^ Unfortunately I didn't buy it direct from CB. I bought it from an authorized dealer who also happens to be a friend of mine.

Good idea about the swim diaper! I didn't think of that!!!