Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2007, 06:46 PM   #1
stella072
Registered Users
seller

Stokke Tripp Trapp Users...

I'm pretty much sold on this chair. One thing I'm wondering about is how not having a tray goes in terms of messes/clean up. I love the idea of integrating DD into our dinner table but started thinking I might have food EVERYWHERE.
What works best?

Advertisement

stella072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:49 PM   #2
mom_of_3g_1b
Registered Users
seller

Re: Stokke Tripp Trapp Users...

These seem so cool.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:58 PM   #3
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

we LOVE our tripp trapp! our son just eats directly off of our table, so it gets wiped down along with the rest of the table. if he sweeps something off onto the floor, our dog is patiently awaiting and takes care of it immediately

you can't go wrong, i love not having to take the tray to the sink and everything, i mean you have to wipe the table down anyway so it's not really more work, just a little more gooey in his area.

you'll love it!
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:18 PM   #4
gabby's_mama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fither View Post
we LOVE our tripp trapp! our son just eats directly off of our table, so it gets wiped down along with the rest of the table. if he sweeps something off onto the floor, our dog is patiently awaiting and takes care of it immediately

you can't go wrong, i love not having to take the tray to the sink and everything, i mean you have to wipe the table down anyway so it's not really more work, just a little more gooey in his area.

you'll love it!
At what age did you start using it?
Old 03-11-2007, 09:07 PM   #5
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby's_mama View Post
At what age did you start using it?
we started using it at like 10.5 months i think? he hated solids before then, and i noticed an immediate improvement, literally the first time we used it and ever since then.

we use the baby rail with it, i highly recommend it for a younger babe.
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:17 PM   #6
paulnkyliesmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we don't have this chair exactly but our high chair is made to pull directly up to the table like a booster once you no longer need the tray.I did this at about 10 monthes and just strap her in as usual and she will eat, she never liked eating in the highchair before.sorry to hijack your thread
paulnkyliesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:42 PM   #7
marisal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have the lime green Stokke chair for our 25 mo old son. We just had to adjust the footrest height and he looks much more comfortable. The chair has been in use since he was about 16 mo old. We had a big highchair before that but I love the Stokke. I'm not a fan of seperate trays or babies at weird heights during dinner, so this made a lot of sense. My son makes a complete mess out of every meal these days since he's using grown up utensils but it's pretty easy to clean off the table (not so easy to clean of the son) so it's no big deal. We no longer use the baby rail and stopped using it at about 18-20 months old, I don't remember. My son can move the chair to the table, climb into it and climb out of it all by himself. The latch is foolproof, my SIL and my mom seem to think it is adult proof. I wish we would have had the seat cushions and if we planned on using it with a younger child I certainly would have gotten them.
It's a great chair, now good luck picking your color!
Marisa
marisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:21 AM   #8
milehighmonkeys
Registered Users
Formerly: ultconsumer

It pushes so close to the table, DD just eats at the table and it hasn't been a huge mess. I don't know why those big bulky high chairs are so popular. We have a pretty good sized kitchen and the old bulky one seemed to take up half the floor space. Also, the cushions are pretty easy to make for it.

I don't remember when we quit using the baby rail for it.
milehighmonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote