Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-11-2007, 05:48 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Crib to toddler bed?

Thank you so much everyone for sharing your stories. I think we'll give it a try. I'll just move the crib and not take it down just in case. Since he's my last baby I'm going to go ahead and use a toddler bed. I just love how cute they are. Then our daughter will have an heirloom for her little ones. I like that idea. I found a really cute pine sleigh bed with a little drawer under it. Thank you for giving me the confidence to try. He's also starting to be really interested in PL so I know I'd need to make it easier for him to get out to go.

Sarah SAHM to William 4/05 and Emily 6/99 and blessed wife of Hank for 12 years!
SarahJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:27 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

both of my kids hated the crib and paul could actually climb out of it on the lowest setting at 14 monthes so off to a big boy bed then.He was in a twin bed till we got the bunk bed twin over full when he was 2 and ky stayed in either our bed or her crib in our room till we moved her in with paul at about 11-12 monthes and moved paul to the top bunk.He always ended up there my little monkey, he can climb anything.He will often end up in her bed.
paulnkyliesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:23 AM   #13
Registered Users
Formerly: ultconsumer

DD moved into a big girl bed around 22 months. We just put a box spring and mattress directly on the floor. I think the rail was on for less than 6 months. It was a pain. We've found DD on the floor a time or two, but I'm not sure if she fell out or got out. Either way, the bed is so close to the floor, there's not far to fall.
milehighmonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote