Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-02-2006, 12:49 PM   #31
childers521
Registered Users

Re: SOOOOOO MAD what would you do?????? ****WITH FOLLOW UP!!!****

usually when I would go eat with dd I would take McDonalds or something, so it was a real treat. But you could just bring his favorite hot lunch too. My dd is 10 and just finished 4th grade - and all the kids, boys included, were always a little jealous when someone's mom came to eat with them. I can't tell you the number of times I heard little pouty faces say "I wish my mom would come eat with me"

And you might be surprised, since he is having such issues with the lunchroom monitors he might really welcome the opportunity for you to sit with him and see what its like. Like bfoster2000 said, it doesn't have to be every day, but once every couple of weeks is usually enough to keep a good feel for how things are being handled.

My dd also has never riddenthe bus too or from school , I always dropped her off and picked hr up and she rode in her booster seat until 3rd grade, lol

Advertisement

Old 06-02-2006, 12:53 PM   #32
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
Formerly: mommalilac
seller

My Mood:

you have got to be kidding me! I would be there supervising lunch time for a while for sure!
Five Green Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 01:03 PM   #33
eapoosmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommalilac
you have got to be kidding me! I would be there supervising lunch time for a while for sure!

Your right on! Your presence will be known and you will first hand be able to fairly determine what is going on.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:53 PM   #34
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

i would def go to the lunch room too
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 04:45 PM   #35
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yep reading what you wrotew the first thing that popped in my head was just show up a few times. preferably dont let the lunch duty person see you and observre for a little while and then like..show yourself. if that makes sense??
so you see whats up yourself.

and how the heck do you hear "reflux" when someone says "sensory integration disorder"? riiiiight..
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 04:57 PM   #36
AttachedMama
Registered Users
seller

Def. ask him about having lunch with him. I don't remember how old he is, but my older kids are 11 (ds) and 9 (dd) and they love when Dh and I come to have lunch with them. All the other kids can't wait to talk with us and tell us all kinds of info about all the other kids LOL...sometimes they even accidentally bust on DS! The kids generally get a kick out of it until Middle school
AttachedMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 06:33 PM   #37
TaivensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, unfortunately I missed her call...my mom came to town unexpectedly and we went to lunch and drove her to the airport...BUT MAGICALLY my son was not forced to eat anything at lunch and he told me the guy was kinda nice to him haha...the principal did however leave a message stating that she thinks it was a missunderstanding and she let Ryan know about the reflux... the problem should be resolved but if you want details give me a call back...WHATEVER lady...but at this point hell think he has reflux whatever it takes for my kid not to be treated that way again!...I do plan on popping in...but in most cases it seems like there are not many involved parents at this school no one drops of or picks up I never see any parents there even when they had a school wide ice cream party and carnival, I was there the only parent in sight! the teacher has asked me to go on a field trip with them, so for me to make a stink I think it is way out of the ordinary for them so I bet they will not cross me again....
Old 06-03-2006, 07:41 PM   #38
lararum
Banned

Re: SOOOOOO MAD what would you do????***MAGICALLY he was not forced today****

I just wanted to say. This situation makes me so sad. I hope you get things worked out.
lararum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 08:21 PM   #39
TaivensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: SOOOOOO MAD what would you do????***MAGICALLY he was not forced today****

Thank you for your thoughts...I am already looking into other schools, I just don't think this is the right fit for us...I want my son to be safe, happy and well cared for, but I also want to feel warmth from a school, I don't feel any sort of welcoming there after 3 weeks...and I really want that...So I will give looking at new schools a shot...I did research before coming to SD and this looked like the best school, but it sure hasn't turned out to be...not only with the lunch stuff , but there is plenty more I am not very pleased with and adding it all up really makes me desire something else...