Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2007, 02:25 PM   #1
ThreeBunniesMoma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Vaccine help....

Okay so I've looked up the vaccine exemption laws here in Kansas. It says you can be exempt for medical and religious reasons. Well our pedi is pushing the cp vax on my 13mo (I've declined so far to keep pushing it off until I get my facts) Also my older two dd's had the cp vax at 1yr but are now being told that a cp vax booster is required to start Kindergarten. I don't want them to get the booster and I don't want my 13mo getting the vax at all. So my question is how do I fake religious purposes? Since we've already vaxed the first two against cp and we do other vaxes.

Advertisement

Last edited by ThreeBunniesMoma; 03-12-2007 at 02:41 PM.
ThreeBunniesMoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:59 PM   #2
Hitchkids
Registered Users

Re: Vaccine help....

First off, you can always say that after further reasearch, you've changed your mind on the vaccine . Second., you have a firmly held religious belief that you are required to do what is in the best interest of your child and you think the vaccine is not. I would just say it's against our religious beliefs, they can't question you on it. If you are Christain, check out the site www.cogforlife.org for reasons why you can use the religious exemption if you want concrete reasons. Bottom line is that your beliefs cause you to only do what you feel is in the best interests of your child.
Hitchkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:18 PM   #3
she2dancer
Registered Users
seller

Do you practice a religion? I have some links for religious exemption info for Catholics...
According to this, it seems like if you have a notarized statement that says that you are opposed to vaccines on religious grounds, you should be fine.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:16 PM   #4
amandaev
Registered Users
seller

Kansas doesn't have a philisophical exemption? How do you feel about abortion? Would you ever allow your children to injest aborted fetal cells? As a Christian, I won't. There are aborted fetal cells in some/most vaccines. How do you feel about that with your beliefs?
Old 03-12-2007, 05:34 PM   #5
ThreeBunniesMoma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think I have all the info I need now to say it's against our religious beliefs and we will be declineing further vaccinations. If the pedi gives me a hard time we will find a new one. Thank you all for your help!
Old 03-12-2007, 08:24 PM   #6
happyhomemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Great I am glad you are able to stick up for your kids and your beliefs
Old 03-12-2007, 09:01 PM   #7
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaev View Post
Kansas doesn't have a philisophical exemption? How do you feel about abortion? Would you ever allow your children to injest aborted fetal cells? As a Christian, I won't. There are aborted fetal cells in some/most vaccines. How do you feel about that with your beliefs?
Now thats a good fact to tell the DR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 09:20 PM   #8
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here's some Christian reasons and bible quotes that can be used for religious exemption:

“We believe in God, and that God has created us in his image. In being created in God’s image, we are given his perfect immune system. We are bestowed with His gift, the immune system. We believe it is sacrilegious and a violation of our sacred religious beliefs to violate what God has given us by showing a lack of faith in God. Immunizations are a lack of faith in God and His way, the immune system.”
[editor’s note: this last sentence is the crux of this religious exemption argument.]

“We believe in Jesus’ many promises of protection for us, and the He loves us, and will take care of us if we place our trust in Him. I believe that immunizations show no faith in God’s promises of protection for us, saying to God that you trust man more than His holy words of protection for us.”

“God desires us to love Him and our neighbors first and foremost. This is His first command. By loving Him, we are to fully trust on Him for all things. He is our Lord Father. He is our Rock, our fortress and our Savior.”

“Our faith is in God and in the Holy Word, being the Holy Bible which is authored by God. This is the instruction book for living that He has left us and in it He tells us He is our protector and we stand firm on His promise. Our faith is in Him!”

My religious beliefs are also based upon the understanding of what God requires of us as provided for in the Bible.

“Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God and ye are not your own?”
(1st COR 6:19)

“That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.”
(1st COR 2:5)

“You must know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is within the spirit you have received from God. You are not your own.”
(1st COR 6:19)

“As a consequence, your faith rests not on the wisdom of men but on the power of God.”
(1st COR 2:5)

“I know with certainly on the authority of Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself: it is only when a man thinks something unclean that it becomes so for him.”
(Romans 14:14)

“If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, and you are that temple.” (1st COR: 3:17)

“For to his angels he has given command about you, that they guard you in all your ways.”
(Psalms 91:11)

“Follow God your Lord, remain in awe of him, keep His commandments, obey and serve Him and you will then be able to cling to Him.”
(Leviticus, 19:1,2)

Last edited by MamaLove; 03-13-2007 at 01:34 PM.
MamaLove is offline   Reply With Quote