Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2007, 11:25 AM   #1
moparop
Registered Users

PLing Help

On Wednesday, Doug used the potty for the first time by himself. I was super geeked but was afraid it was a one time thing. I decided to keep him naked and see what happened. Well, since then, as long as he has been naked, he goes over sits on the potty when he has to go #1, does his business and then goes to dump it in the toilet. He sits when I ask, but doesn't go unless he initiates. We haven't had an accident since! In the beginning, I was giving him chocolate chips each time he went, but he's not even asking any more. I bet you are reading this wondering what the problem is.

He's still wearing a CD for naps, bed, and when we leave the house. He definitely pees in them with the bedtime one being completely filled. Also, he doesn't ever "ask" to go at home so I am afraid of what is going to happen when we are out of the house. Any advice on how I encourage him to ask? Another question, when do I start taking him out of the house in undies? When do we drop the naptime/bedtime dipes?

Advertisement

Old 03-12-2007, 12:44 PM   #2
spathakis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: PLing Help

i am in a similar position with DD .watching this thread
spathakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:59 PM   #3
milehighmonkeys
Registered Users
Formerly: ultconsumer

DD is the same age. I have to ask her constantly about using the potty. There are times I have to insist that she use it, like before we leave the house. Interesting, she's much better about asking to go when we are out.

I wouldn't drop the sleeping dipes until he's dry. We still use them for sleeping as well. I've periodically tried waking her before I go to bed without consistent results. Over 2 weeks, I think she was dry in the morning twice.
milehighmonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:45 AM   #4
moparop
Registered Users

Any other advice? I am at a loss here!
Old 03-13-2007, 11:53 AM   #5
keikiko
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm in the exact same position with DD--I chuckled reading your thread because that is EXACTLY what she does. The last 2 days I let her wear big girl underwear ("big girl wear" according to her). She had an accident right away but since then has kind of caught on to the idea. She just didn't realize she could pull down her pants. I'd recommend definately getting some big boy undies and making a huge deal of it. He will probably have an accident or two but will get the hang of it. Also you have to give up the cute jeans and such for now Kara can only get her yoga style pants up and down alone so she's got a PLing uniform and I've heard similar from other mamas with PLers. Just keep asking him if he needs to go to the potty and eventually he'll get it. I made a point to ask Kara after she had already gone and sat on the potty so of course the answer was yes instead of always no. THTs!
Old 03-13-2007, 11:58 AM   #6
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

iwouldnt go directly to undies though, does he have trainers???
with david when he was PLing i HAD to take him every 2hrs, he never asked.
now he just goes
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:03 PM   #7
keikiko
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Trainers didn't work for us because DD just thought it was a diaper even though she called those "big girl wear" too. She soaked her shorts that one time and it was enough to make her realize there was a difference and that's what made it work for us. I guess she kinda skipped the training phase of PLing because it just clicked all at once. I need to get her to let me know instead of just getting on the potty so we can do it when we're out but that's about it for us!