Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-17-2009, 09:25 PM   #1
creative*genius
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
4 meal recipes and one fruit soup - just sharing!

Mushroom Onion wraps (a big hit here)

Your choice of wraps or tortillas
1 16 oz sliced mushrooms
1 sweet (or yellow) onion
light sour cream
mexicam shredded cheese
oil, salt, pepper

Preheat oven to 300. Salt onions and saute in 1-2 tablespoons of oil until transparent. In separate pan saute mushrooms in oil or water about 3 minutes (should still be firm). Place wraps on baking sheets. Spread onions and mushrooms on wraps. Add a scoop of sour cream (your choice of size) and sprinkle with mexican cheese. Roll up wraps and stick with a toothpick. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve.

Tortilla Pizza

Tortillas or wraps of your choice
sauce of your choice
shredded cheese of your choice
toppings of your choice.

Easy and less calories than regular pizza. Also - the kids can help make them!

Preheat oven to 350. Place tortillas on baking sheets. Spread thin layer of sauce on each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Add any toppings you like - be careful not to make to heavy if you want to pick it up to eat it. Bake 5-8 minutes - until cheese is melted, sauce is warmed, and tortilla is crisped. Let cool a few minutes. Cut with a pizza roller. Serve.

Quick Quiche

1 lowfat cresent roll package
1 cup grated swiss cheese (or your choice)
3/4 cup ham (or something else)
3/4 cup of diced tomato (or something else)
1/2 diced sweet (or yellow) onion
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup of light cream or milk (I use 2%, but it takes a little longer to set/cook than if you use whole milk or cream. I have even used fat free half & half, but it sometimes comes out a little soupy).
Salt & Pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Pat crescent rolls into 9" pie pan (you may have to cut pieces to fit). Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of cheese. Put ham on top, then tomato. In a medium bowl, beat eggs, cream/milk, salt and pepper. Pour over mixture in pie pan. Top with remaining cheese. Bake 40 minutes or until firm (sometimes up to 60 minutes for fat free recipe). I often substitute ingredients. As long as you add up to the same amounts, make your quiche with whatever ingredients you want.

Lasagna Florentine Roll-ups

Box of lasanga noodles, cooked.
Jar of sauce (or your homemade)
32 oz cottage cheese
32 oz ricotta cheese
8-16 bag of fresh baby spinach or frozen
2 eggs
1 cup parmesan sprinkle cheese
salt

Preheat oven to 350. Cook noodles according to directions on package. Dry noodles off and lay flat on counter or cutting board.

At the same time, steam spinach in a small pot. When wilted, spread onto a paper towel and dry spinach.

Lightly beat eggs. Add spinach, riccotta, cottage cheese, and half the parmesam. Lightly salt. Mix well. Use a regular tablespoon to scoop and spread mixture out over the length of noodles (don't go too thick or too thin). Roll noodles up from one end to the other, creating a pinwheel. Repeat with noodles until mixture is gone.

Spread a thin layer of sauce in the bottom of a 13x9 baking pan. Use a spatula to transfer the rolls into the baking pan. Pour sauce over all rollups evenly. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan.

Bake for 20-30 minutes until warmed. Serve.

(PS - If you have leftover cheese mixture you can add it to regular sauce and use it over pasta for for another meal or over chicken for chicken parm.)

This next one isn't for a meal, but it is one of my FAVE recipes!!!

Chilled Strawberry Soup (4 servings)

1 qt fresh strawberries
1/3 cup ginger ale
1/4 cup milk or fat free half & half
1/4 cup of sugar
1 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cups sour cream (I always use light)

Wash berries and take the hulls out. Put berries in food processor (or blender) and blend until smooth. Add ginger ale, milk, sugar, lemon and vanilla. Cover and process until blended.

Pour into a large bowl. Whisk in sour cream until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until chilled - about 2 hours. Serve. (I usually double this recipe. You can freeze this and it comes out great. Whisk when thawed).

Hope you enjoy!!!

Advertisement

Old 06-17-2009, 10:05 PM   #2
mom2threemonkeys
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: 4 meal recipes and one fruit soup - just sharing!

Thank you for posting this. I have been looking for easy recipes for the kids and I when my husband deploys. The strawberry soup sounds great!
Old 06-24-2009, 09:50 PM   #3
creative*genius
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The soup is one of my FAVE recipes! I have made other fruit soups - and even other strawberry soups, but the ginger ale in this one really makes it!
Old 06-24-2009, 11:56 PM   #4
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The tortilla pizza sounds yummy and sooo easy... my son loves pizza but sometimes has a hard time biting and chewing the crust so maybe the tortillas would be easier for him... I'm gonna try this, thanks!!
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:44 PM   #5
creative*genius
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

bump. These are such awesome recipes! Maybe someone new will see them! *giggle*
Old 08-27-2009, 06:16 PM   #6
juliemom2faith
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

the mushroom onion wraps sound yummy im definately going to try them.