Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2009, 12:19 PM   #21
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: December vs. January birth????

DD was born the 4th..due on the 13th but I let them induce me so she wouldn't be born so close to Christmas. I will make it a point to have her a birthday party and to tell people not to lump it with Christmas. You just have to be firm about it. She wasn't forgotten last Christmas..since she was just born. And I won't let anyone forget her this Christmas either.

Advertisement

Old 08-24-2009, 12:31 PM   #22
CDNMommyofmany
Registered Users
Formerly: CDN Mama of 4_08
seller
seller

Haileysmommy...that's what I'm thinking too, no matter how close to Christmas the baby is I want him/her to have their own day with no reference to the holidays at all...as they get older if they want a really expensive gift and decide on their own they want to combine it with a Christmas present we will handle that at that time, but still hold a separate party for them on their b-day with gifts not associated with Christmas...
Proud Stay-at-home-mama to 6 (including 4 preemies 29-35 weeks); who enjoys reading, homeschooling/unschooling and trying to make everyday as stress-free as possible for my 2 precious sons with Autism
CDNMommyofmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #23
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylabelle05 View Post
I told my DH that I would move heaven and earth before I had a kid that was born 1 month before or after the holidays (mid Nov to early Feb). I cannot subject any of my kids to how horrible it was to have a birthday near x-mas. The kids have Mar & Oct b-days!
Its a nice thought but doesnt always work out how you want it to.

DD is 12/13. So far with only 1 birthday it was no issue. everyone came (mostly) and she got separate gifts. I will hold a separate party for her each year and make sure that I do not combine anything.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:02 PM   #24
EricaLynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just make sure to wrap birthday presents in birthday paper, not xmas paper
EricaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:04 AM   #25
hac1224
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My b-day is Dec 24th, DD's is Dec 29th, and this baby is due Christmas Day (although I usually go a couple weeks early). My b-day did always get messed up as a child, so my parents just started doing my parties in early-mid December right as school was letting out for Christmas break. Now, I get gifts and/or cards from closest family, but almost everyone else just forgets me period even when the family is getting together on my b-day for Christmas Eve celebrations. Usually one person may remember it, and everyone else is like "Oh yeah, Happy Birthday". Not exactly remembering just being reminded. I'm not sure what we'll do for DD this year since she'll only be 2 and I'm due right before that. Probably just a small family party (us and grandparents) with a cake the evening of her b-day. DD and dd on the way will probably be sharing parties as they get older just because that's how we like to do it. The boy's b-days are both in Sept, so they get a combined party, too.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:16 AM   #26
jodi5
Registered Users

My mom's birthday is Dec 27th and we make sure there is a separate birthday party for her and separate gifts. As for school, you have the choice in Canada of holding back one year if your child is not ready. Your child is eligible for school in the calendar year they turn 5 but they have to register for kindergarten by the calendar year they turn 6. My son is a November baby and right now seems behind his peers of the same year. We are going to watch him this year and if he is not ready, we will hold him back a year before he starts school. My older son was born in September, and he was so excited about school and ready to go, so he went on schedule.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:17 PM   #27
arrowsx5
Registered Users

I just saw this thread. I have one that was born the day before Thanksgiving & one born a week before Christmas. For our Thanksgiving baby, he actually gets it pretty good because we are around tons of family each year so he almost always gets a party. For my Christmas baby, we decorated the tree with a Christmas Sesame Street theme when he was little & threw him a small party. Now that he's older, he chooses between doing something on his birthday or having a party in early Dec or another month. We HS so school isn't an issue.
Amy
arrowsx5 is offline   Reply With Quote