Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-14-2007, 11:10 AM   #11
why do you insist on grating my kids already do that
My Mood:
Re: I'm a Mom Too! *rant*

Originally Posted by OneFabMama View Post
she said it wasnt HC
duh i'm sorry

~*Lacey*~Wahm behind Ilori Knits IloriKnits FB Wahm Thread

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:21 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: I'm a Mom Too! *rant*

Ok, now. I have to jump in here as both a f/t teacher and a WAHM--there's a big difference between a 'regular' job and one where you have to choose between your child and sewing/stocking your HC/etc. I try every weekend to announce that 'this is my work time' and ask DH to take care of DD so I can get things done. I can tell you that I RARELY get even half of that work time. DH suddenly has to go potty and puts a screaming DD in the crib--I can't leave her in there screaming so I stop what I'm doing and hold her till he's done. DD decides she wants to nurse (again!) and throws a royal fit knowing I'm there in the house and won't be consoled till I stop what I'm doing and nurse her. Again, not going to allow her to go into hysterics while I sit 10 ft. away from her on the computer saying 'Sorry. I've got to stock my HC, honey.'
I struggle constantly to get the time I need (which is why I work till 1am most nights, knowing I have to feed DD around 2ish and then get up for work at 6.) In MY house anyway, DH doesn't see my biz as a 'job' (because apparently if you enjoy what you do, it's a hobby and not a job) and doesn't give it the priority that he gives the biz calls he gets on the weekend, or even the chores we need to do around the house. Since he makes more money at his job than I ever could as a WAHM, if he gets a call from a client or sales rep, he drops everything to answer it.
So...that's my POV as a WAHM and f/t WOHM--have no idea why the item you've been waiting on didn't stock, but wanted you to see that sometimes no matter how hard a WAHM tries, life happens and it's just not the same as being in an office all day...or classroom in my situation where you have no distractions and your paycheck garners the respect and priority your job deserves. That'd prob. be why I'm just now stocking my HC for the first time since Jan
Hope you get that item, tho. Sounds like you're really looking forward to it!
Erika--Cloth Diapering (again!), Extended Breastfeeding, Babywearing, Signing and Delayed/Selective Vaxxing Mama to 7y/o Ramie, 4 y/o Reese and newbie Sebastian
beenwaitingalongtime is offline   Reply With Quote