Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-26-2009, 04:55 AM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: What to wear during labor at birthing center?

Nothing! I did manage to keep a sports bra on the second time.

Mama to Julia, Ella, Asher and Maya- 3, 5, 7, and 9!
viettasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:08 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:

Good question! I had on one of those cami-tank top maternity things (I wasn't planning on giving birth that day... lol). However, I almost had my dh cut the ^&#%$ thing off a few hours later. I had a complicated delivery and ended up with tons of IV's and monitors which made taking it off impossible. Whatever you decide, make sure it's something you can get OFF easy because it's doubtful you'll want anything to even touch you towards the end, regardless of where you are or how you do it! After everything was over I just slipped on a nursing gown and had a robe handy. You'll get tired but there will still be people coming in and out, you'll still be getting checked, cameras might be everywhere, plus you'll start to get chilly after it's over.
Good luck, new mama!
salamanda1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:45 PM   #23
Registered Users

i stripped down to nothing pretty much as soon as i got off the monitor and into the birthing room. at first i was in just a shirt then when i got in the shower i was naked. i don't remember putting my shirt back on. i know i was naked while i was pushing. i had planned to use the birthing tub but couldn't due to mec in my waters.
hellyaellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:30 PM   #24
Registered Users
My Mood:

With DS1, I was in a hospital gown.
With DS2, I wore a snug fitting spaghetti strapped maternity tank from Motherhood, and nothing on the bottom.

Both were hospital deliveries, so I had the blankets for "modesty" when I ddin't need to be "out there."

With this baby, I will be doing a birthing center. I plan on starting off in the tank top and comfy pajama pants. I plan on bringing along 3 sports bras. One for the water if I decide to do get in the tub.. 1 dry one for not being in the tub, and an extra one for after baby is born and I'm all cleaned up. I also plan on bringing an extra tank top, since that is what I am most comfortable in.

As far as bottoms go, I won't wear anything in the tub, and honestly, once the pajama bottoms go away, I probably won't have anything else on down there until after it's all said and done.

There are birthing skirts you can get from websites. If you are a more modest person and would be more comfortable covered. They are just short little skirts to keep you covered, but make it easy for the mid wife to be able to check you.

I may buy a sarong, you know, like the ones that women wear over their bathing suits. It's the end of summer, I may be able to find one on sale.

God bless,
Christian wife to my hubby, mamma to three little men and a little lady!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:51 PM   #25
Registered Users

I got in the tub naked right away and an hour later I got out due to back labor. At that point I got a towel and once I got to the bed I was ready to push and once she was born they put her right on my bare chest. The skin to skin contact for the first 1/2+ hour of life was amazing!!
danalou is offline   Reply With Quote