View Poll Results: how many weeks postpartum did you wait to dtd after a vaginal birth?
1 week 21 5.07%
2 46 11.11%
3 41 9.90%
4 53 12.80%
5 34 8.21%
6 114 27.54%
2 months 76 18.36%
3-6 months 47 11.35%
6-12 months 12 2.90%
over a year 8 1.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 414. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #91
MT Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: what's the earliest you dtd after having a vaginal birth?

We tried at six... but OUCH!!!! Hard to believe that after birthing a baby I was actually tighter! Finally succeeded at 8 weeks, but it wasn't really comfortable for me for about 4 months. Hoping for a faster turnaround time with #2!

Advertisement

MT Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:00 PM   #92
chataine
Is This Nirvana?
seller

My Mood:

i have never tore, and only had pp bleeding for a few days...we waited 6 weeks the first time.. it hurt, so we waited prob until like 8.. i think the second time we were just so busy with a 2 yr old and a newborn we waited until like 8ish..
Old 09-04-2009, 05:45 AM   #93
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:

With my first baby we tried at 6 weeks and it hurt, ended up waiting until 8 week mark. I also had to be cut and get stitches and the doc had to use the vacuum to get dd out..I think thats why it hurt really bad.

With my 2nd I didn't have to be cut or anything but tore a tiny tiny bit, but didn't need stitches so I'm anxious to see how soon we can dtd. Its 2 weeks today and both of us are ready, my bleeding stopped 2 days ago so dh said that if it doesn't start up again we can try tomorrow We'll see how it goes.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:19 AM   #94
chickenmonkeybaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There is WORLD of difference in recovery time with an episiotomy vs natural tearing. Natural is MUCH less healing time. Like, weeks less and no scar tissue.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:41 AM   #95
Jazzmin
Registered Users
seller

One week.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:12 PM   #96
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This time 9 days.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:35 PM   #97
lilthunderfox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS1- Probably 8 weeks because well I just wasn't in the mood and there wasn't much chemistry between me and the XH...He wasn't much for romance he wanted what he wanted and he wanted it when he wanted it.

DS2- 6m I wanted it about 10-14 days pp just not with him (he brought his gf to my u/s and I cut him off..) only reason he got it at 6m pp was because it was our anniversary and I had just asked for a divorce... It wasn't fun...

THIS BABY...I will be lucky if i make it to 6 weeks... My DH is gone so much having him home for a whole 3 months is just a treat so I imagine I will attack him before i am "supposed' to He is so sweet and gentle he will probably try to talk me out of it but we all know how well that will work... At least that is how I hope it works!
Teale cd'ing, bf'ing, erf'ing, non circ'ing, more crunchy than I ever thought I would be, wifey to C mama to C 9/04, C 7/06, and CJ 11/09 with a newbie due in March 2012!! ISO: Nursing tops and bras S-M 34-36 C-D, girls clothes size 3, and girly newbie AIO/AI2s.
lilthunderfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #98
lilthunderfox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbeblue View Post
After my first child, the doctor came in to do my check out paperwork. Among other things he said to me not to go having sex right away to let my body heal. I told him flat out I love my husband and enjoy sex, but there is no way in hell after pushing a 9 lb baby out that particular hole that my husband was getting any loving for a while.
Teale cd'ing, bf'ing, erf'ing, non circ'ing, more crunchy than I ever thought I would be, wifey to C mama to C 9/04, C 7/06, and CJ 11/09 with a newbie due in March 2012!! ISO: Nursing tops and bras S-M 34-36 C-D, girls clothes size 3, and girly newbie AIO/AI2s.
lilthunderfox is offline   Reply With Quote