Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-06-2009, 10:12 AM   #1
Registered Users
Co-Op Hostess
My Mood:
x post: My 1 mo old baby is sick! HELP!

Emmaleigh is congested thanks to my 2 boys being sick (yay for returning to school ) and now I have a sore throat and runny nose.

Anyhow, I am going to pick up some saline drops for her nose. I got a battery operated nasal aspirator yesterday (that thing rocks! ) but what else can I do? She's really snotty and its hard for her to sleep. I put her in her chair last night because she can breathe while sitting upright.

Would probiotics help? If so, what kind? We are nursing, so is there a liquid form? What about me? Since I'm getting sick, should I take anything?

I may do a Whole Foods run today, so I'd like to get some suggestions on what she can take being she's only 1 mo old. Man I hate sick babies

Rhiana-mom of 4. Emmaleigh Claire 8-7-09 Baby BOY Ryan James 3-15-13
MommaRhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:18 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: x post: My 1 mo old baby is sick! HELP!

Ahh poor baby. And poor mama too. The other day at the ped, the doc told me all you can really give them at that age is the saline drops and aspirator. And she said not to use the aspirator more than twice a day because it makes it worse, to use your fingernail if you could.

I hope you all feel better soon. I would up your vitamin c though.
wife to Chad, mama to DS 94 , DS 01 , DD 03 ,and DD 09! Sign up and earn cash back on every purchase. I've received over $150!
CrazedChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:31 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: x post: My 1 mo old baby is sick! HELP!

okay I always use this with my young ones, they will be a little gassy but it clears them up. Especially since my oldest DS gets croup.

chop up in onion, put sugar over it in a bowl. put the bowl in the fridge for an hour and then there will be juice in the bowl after the hour, Give a teaspoon of the juice to the baby and a tablespoon to yourself, it is a instant and safe decongestant.

(I have had consent from my ped. on this one.)
Lauren, mother of 3, Loving my life, and my best friend who married me 5 years ago.
Need a tutu? $12 Sale
jtsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote