Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2009, 01:51 PM   #1
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:
C Section Birthplan Anyone?

Hi Momma's Did anyone have a birth plan for a section. i know the amount we can request will be limited due to the nature of the game. But wanted to know if you guys had one and what did you write in it care to share. Thanks alot Ihave about 13 weeks to go.

Advertisement

Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:50 PM   #2
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: C Section Birthplan Anyone?

I had a birth plan but it was basically postpartum care. We made sure to have that this baby would be EBF and I wanted to feed as soon as possible, he was not to get any kind of eye ointment or drops, we would wait for the Hep B vaccine to be done later, and we only wanted a passi to be used for procedures. Our hospital does not weigh in room so our baby had to go to the nursery at every shift change. I just waited to send him last so he would only be gone 30 min or so. I mad the mistake the first night of letting them have him right before shift change and he was gone 2.5 hrs.

If you are planning on having more children and would like to VBAC I would include having a low transverse incision (Standard Practice) just in case and having double stitched uterine incision.

Have them discuss pain control OPTIONS with you. This is not set in stone and everyone reacts differently to medications. I chose to have a spinal with long lasting morphine because it does not make me tired.

I ditched the cath. as soon as possible (5 hours later). Your bladder will work better the sooner you get it out.

I wanted to get up ASAP. There are tons of others. Here is a link that may be helpful to you.

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/n/...on&msg=6458.10

I ate what I wanted by lunch
Old 09-07-2009, 10:55 AM   #3
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: C Section Birthplan Anyone?

Hi thanks for your reply. I cant vbac. There is only one dr here who does vbac2. And where he delivers is quite far. Im ok actually with having a section. And never had major pain issues. I got up and walked around and got the cath out the minute the spinal wore off. On day 2 I was only taking motrin. Im a firm believer of getting out of bed not sitting there. Of course not over doing it.
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote