Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
Too late?? Placenta encapsulation

My baby boy will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. After he was born my step dad took my placenta home for me and put it in the freezer. I had planned on doing it within a couple days, but having a 3 year old and a newborn was more work then I expected lol. I took the placenta out of the freezer and put it in the fridge around the 28th or 29th..I honestly can't even remember but the next day it was frozen still and then 2 days after it was still semi frozen. But I'm betting its been in the fridge for about 6-7 days with the first 2 of those days it being frozen.

Also I didn't know how it was packaged until I looked at it AFTER it was already 100% frozen in the freezer, the hospital didn't put it in any plastic or anything, it was just placed in a plastic container and thats it. So, I'm not even sure if its any good, mainly because its been in the fridge for several days. I'm so bummed out about it, I'm already dealing with what they call baby blues or postpartum blues and I'm very emotional, now I'm beginning to feel overwhelmed so I hope it doesn't turn into depression..thats my main reason for wanting to encapsulate my placenta.

So what do you think?? Even worth it to encapsulate? Does it even have any benefits anymore? Thanks everyone.

Advertisement

Old 09-03-2009, 08:38 PM   #2
cali4niachef
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Too late?? Placenta encapsulation

Yes I would say it's still worth it. It's been thawed about 5 days according to your calculations. I normally try to use piece of meat within 3 days after its been thawed, better yet 24hrs. But I think it would be better to encapsulate then not. It may not be as great as a fresh placenta encapsulated a few days after birth but at least it hasn't been frozen for 6mos.

A frozen placenta can be used within 3-6mos for encapsulation.

Are you going to steam and dehydrate it or put in your oven?
EUPHORICBIRTH.COM
cali4niachef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:34 AM   #3
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:

I was going to steam it and then put it in the oven. I don't have a dehydrator. Thanks
Old 09-07-2009, 10:09 PM   #4
koalove
Registered Users

My Mood:

i wouldnt do it. its like eating meat that old but if it smells fine...
koalove is offline   Reply With Quote