Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #11
homeschoolingmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone had a scheduled c-section?

I have had 3 c-sections. 1 emergency and 2 scheduled. The emergency was nightmarish. The whole experience, from the "we're doing a c-section" to time to go home. It was awful. So, I understand your concerns!!!
I will say that my scheduled c-sections went much, much better. The recovery was easier too. It was not as painful the second time around. I automatically "felt" more in control because I had some say in what was going on, whereas in the emergency c/s everyone just jumped into action and I felt totally like the bystander.
I hope this one is a good experience for you!

Advertisement

Old 09-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #12
glitterdaisymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm told that pelvic rocks really help the baby get in the right position. I've been doing them all day long for weeks now. They also feel really good.
One
HAPPY Family.
glitterdaisymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:48 PM   #13
cali4niachef
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Why I didn't suggest trying to turn baby vertex is beyond me

How to turn a breech baby pt 1

How to turn a breech baby pt 2

Spinningbabies.com
EUPHORICBIRTH.COM
cali4niachef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:51 PM   #14
stephie_j24
Registered Users
seller

Don't beat yourself up, Cindy. My midwife (who is VERY vbac friendly) said that even if we can get him to turn, the position of my placenta (partial previa) would still make a vaginal delivery dangerous at this point. So while I'm sort of hoping that he miraculously turns, it seems to be pretty much a done deal. She also mentioned that it's probably the position of the placenta that's keeping him breech in the first place.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:23 PM   #15
KaysieW003
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hey mama...I had a repeat scheduled c-section last year after having another scheduled c/s with my dd in 2004. She was 8+ lbs and breech, I am very petite and there was no way they could turn her, thus the c-section. Unfortunately I had intractable nausea and vomiting for 12 hours after having her so I missed most of the first day with dd. Eventually it resolved and I was able to breastfeed and care for her. When I had DS last April, I opted for the c/s but I was very worried I would have the same problems as with DD. So I made sure to discuss all of my fears with the doctor, who in turn had the anesthesiologist talk to me in depth prior to surgery. He listened to all of my concerns and we agreed on a plan prior to me heading to the OR. Everything turned out wonderfully with DS. I did have some very mild nausea, but nothing like with DD. I was able to enjoy him more and able to ask for help with breastfeeding. Also I do just want to mention that while was able to enjoy the birth part more this time around, the pain I experienced this time was far worse than with the first. I also had a tubal ligation so maybe that was part of it. Whatever the case, the pain was much worse the 2nd time around so try to mentally prepare your self for that as well. Good luck with #2!!!
Old 09-03-2009, 10:19 PM   #16
cali4niachef
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephie_j24 View Post
Don't beat yourself up, Cindy. My midwife (who is VERY vbac friendly) said that even if we can get him to turn, the position of my placenta (partial previa) would still make a vaginal delivery dangerous at this point. So while I'm sort of hoping that he miraculously turns, it seems to be pretty much a done deal. She also mentioned that it's probably the position of the placenta that's keeping him breech in the first place.
You are so sweet. So you still have partial previa? If you have placenta previa then you *need* to have a c/s. But I would see if you can go into labor, there is a complex cocktail of hormones that are released that are very important. More about that HERE.

You can always have a vbac with your next one

EUPHORICBIRTH.COM
cali4niachef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:55 PM   #17
tiffsnest
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have had 4 c/s. the first one was unplanned...Breech with fetal distress and all that...2 more breech and then...I asked to do a VBAC for my last and only that was presenting normally, and they discouraged me...turns out that we were blessed, that my uterine wall was paper thin and we wouldn't have made it. That said. Plan, plan, plan. tell them up front that you want baby to room in and that you want to breast feed. write it down and tell everyone that has care of you!!! Make your husband, friend or doula put it on baby's isolette. The recovery for the planned ones were SO much easier than the emeregency one, and each one was an easier recovery. I hope the same for you!!!
tiffsnest is offline   Reply With Quote