Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2009, 01:21 PM   #11
missemily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Plugged Milk Duct HELP!

I used the rice sock on the place where it hurts and it would feel better after a few days. I had one during the first few months of bfing this baby.

Advertisement

Old 09-10-2009, 01:28 PM   #12
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows View Post
I have had those and been lucky enough to fix them myself. What works for me is the massage, getting DH to do it really helps as they will do it more firmly. I second the hot shower and massage the duct while in the shower.
This is what I did as well. At about 10 days PP I found a huge painful lump in my breast and (thanks to those lovely post-birth hormones) I was a MESS! I was crying and it hurt so bad! The LC called me the next morning and said to just massage the HECK out of it! It hurt too bad for me to actually do it to myself, so like she said, I had dh do it. He was able to be firm but not hurt me. She said to nurse on that side more, pump on that side with a hot compress on it, etc. It never got infected but a lot of moms get mastitis pretty quickly so watch out!
Old 09-10-2009, 06:29 PM   #13
snazzymom
Registered Users
seller

I had a stretch where I got a ton of plugged ducts (BLEH) and they kept coming back. I read somewhere on the kellymom.com site that Lecithin is great for preventing recurring ones and I've taken one pill everyday since and I've been plugged duct free for about 2 months!!!!!!!!! woohoo!
snazzymom is offline   Reply With Quote