Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2009, 03:07 PM   #11
shannon in texas
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Wichita Falls, Tx mamas plz help!!

What are your house specifics that you are wanting? There is a neighborhood off of Missle Road that is right next to the base. It is a good mix of older and newer homes. It is in Wichita Falls, but Burkburnett ISD. Not sure if you have school-aged kids to consider. We actually live in Burkburnett. There is a lot of military here, especially in our neighborhood. We are about 10 miles from the base, mostly interstate though, so it is a quick easy drive and is a smaller town that WF. Our house is actually on the market right now because I am due with #4 in Oct and we need more space. If you need a realtor I have a great one for you. She is super trust-worthy and works crazy hard. Let me know what kind of house your are interested in and I would be glad to help you out.

Advertisement

shannon in texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:24 PM   #12
craftinmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We live on Missile Road next to the base and it is a pretty good area. There are A LOT of military families around us. We are renting a house and our landlord is a realtor for Remax. We don't know him THAT well but he has been extreamly helpful and is super nice and very easy to work with. His name is Paul and you can get his number off of the Remax website for Wichita Falls. Also look on the AHRN website there are TONS of houses on there.
craftinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:13 PM   #13
blessedmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We'll def be renting since well for one we'll be there for only a year and also we owned here and it's a pain to have to sell quickly-especially with how things are right now with the market. we're going to try to be as frugal as possible to save while we're there, so i'm hoping to find a nice 2br 2bath place. i've been looking a little online, i hope to have a few things lined up to see when we get there-dh should get 10 days to house hunt
blessedmama2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:14 PM   #14
craftinmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't know if you are looking at appartments at all but FYI just incase you are considering them you won't find any really nice ones online. You pretty much have to drive around and find them. We found that out the hard way LOL.
craftinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:45 AM   #15
blessedmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftinmama View Post
I don't know if you are looking at appartments at all but FYI just incase you are considering them you won't find any really nice ones online. You pretty much have to drive around and find them. We found that out the hard way LOL.
Thanks! I was looking online and only found one, it seemed nice but if that's the case, we'll just have to drive around when we get there. This is going to be such a pain because we still don't know dh exact orders and what is going on. We know for sure he starts class on nov 6th for 3 months-then the next part of classes are 9 months and they were suppose to be there as well, but now it may be different! This is making me nuts that we have to be somewhere, either with him there or we will go back home for 3 months. What Apts seem nice? Since it's only a year I could do an appt for all of us-the one thing woth an appt is we have a dog, she's tiny, but with two lo's and one a high needs baby from having haealth concerns-i am super swamped as it is adn would never have time to walk my poor dog! lol! The nice thing with an appt though, less things to worry about, like landscaping and stuff like that. My dh is horrible with stuff like that
blessedmama2 is offline   Reply With Quote