Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-04-2006, 09:48 AM   #1
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
how do you find a babywearing class?

Some of you have mentioned it in posts and I "know" a woman on a small board I'm on that teaches one, but how do you find them? I have a sling and I've started using it w/ Ethan but he's 5 months. I know I would do it sooner w/ another baby. I'm guessing at these classes that they let you try all kinds of slings and see what you like, etc?

thanks!

Advertisement

Old 06-04-2006, 10:50 AM   #2
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: how do you find a babywearing class?

Try here and see if you see any in your area http://www.mamatoto.org/Default.aspx?tabid=87

Also you can do a search to see if there is a NINO group in your area. They aren't classes per sey, more like LLL meetings but for babywearing instead of nursing (though of course alot of baby wearers also nurse). You would be able to check out other types of carriers at the meetings, and ask lots of questions. There are also some great videos and instructions on the Mamatoto website even how to's on making your own carriers. I started out with a ring sling when ds1 was a yr old. Now I am as addicted to baby carriers as I am to cloth diapers.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:50 AM   #3
a_cthelen
My cat's breath smells like cat food
seller

If you are in the LA area, I know of a babywearing class on June 10 that is great! If not, check your local pregnancy support centers, birth centers, childrens' stores, or yoga studios. They often have references!

Wool for Sale: http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/index.php?u=6698
a_cthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:48 PM   #4
kkweight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

NINO just started here in my state. We only have one chapter so far. Its really cool to go and talk to the other mommas.
Also, if you can find a local Attachment Paretning group the person holding the group will often kinow of a babywearing group or someone who can help you more.
HTH, sorry im not more help to you
kkweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:33 PM   #5
mercy589
Registered Users
seller

You could call your local LLL, they would know of someone who can help you Im sure! There are three or more gals in my LLL who sell slings and tons more who use them. Im sure theres someone there who could help you!
mercy589 is offline   Reply With Quote