Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-13-2009, 03:13 PM   #51
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Grandma Baby Shower?!? Good, Bad, Crazy!

its sunday...how was it...I am anxious to know.

Advertisement

Old 09-13-2009, 03:17 PM   #52
Jelliebean
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That's the weirdest thing ever.
I so wouldn't go.
I wouldn't buy a gift, if I was invited, either!
Weirdness.

The Purple Penguin on DS
Jelliebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:20 PM   #53
Jelliebean
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and you DON"T have to leave your baby there unattended. Period.

I struggled with this a lot in the beginning...worrying about what other people who feed/do to my child, until other people reminded me that I DIDN'T HAVE TO LEAVE HIM ALONE WITH ANYONE!!! And I didn't (until recently, with someone I completely trust...who's not related, lol).

Hope it wasn't totally awful, and you managed to snag a few gifts!

The Purple Penguin on DS
Jelliebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:14 PM   #54
dramaqueenapril
Registered Users

Well, actually my husband has a bad case of the flu so I used it as an excuse not to go. I kinda decided for sure that I wasn't going last night when my mom flipped out about it as bad as I had and told me that I should do whatever it took not to go. That kinda made an impression on me since she has been trying to explain my MIL's behavior as more normal and reasoning that my MIL only has one son and is going to be a little over the top. However, when I fully explained this situation she couldn't come to any other conclusion than that this is selfish and weird.

My MIL later called and made some comment about me coming by to check out what she got and see if I needed anything. I still can't believe how much control she is trying to take when I'm the mom. I'm hoping that she only got stuff that my mom or dad just bought me so that I can say that I don't need it because my parents already bought it for me. I know that that is a little immature and passive aggressive but since I have so much trouble expressing my issues with her, sometimes that is all I've got!
dramaqueenapril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:45 PM   #55
1sttimemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Seriously, if your DH doesn't say something to her NOW about this being your baby not hers you're going to wind up with this woman in the delivery room!

My MIL had to be put inher place several times, and she and I actually get along!!.
1sttimemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #56
dramaqueenapril
Registered Users

I'm not worried about her being in the delivery room or anything like that. My husband and I have similar views on how our daughter will be raised. He just thinks she will get it based on our actions. Besides, I would definately say something at a time like that!!! I couldn't imagine her getting that pushy!
dramaqueenapril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:52 AM   #57
mamatwo8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thankfully you didnt go, Im sure it would have upset you and created HUGE hard(er) feelings... IMO Id have to tell her off, because it will only get worse... at least that how my family is...and it gets worse when they try to brainwash your child into staying with them and going overnight and stuff.. stay strong in the decisions you make!!! good luck mama
Old 09-14-2009, 12:53 PM   #58
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueenapril View Post
Well, actually my husband has a bad case of the flu so I used it as an excuse not to go. I kinda decided for sure that I wasn't going last night when my mom flipped out about it as bad as I had and told me that I should do whatever it took not to go. That kinda made an impression on me since she has been trying to explain my MIL's behavior as more normal and reasoning that my MIL only has one son and is going to be a little over the top. However, when I fully explained this situation she couldn't come to any other conclusion than that this is selfish and weird.

My MIL later called and made some comment about me coming by to check out what she got and see if I needed anything. I still can't believe how much control she is trying to take when I'm the mom. I'm hoping that she only got stuff that my mom or dad just bought me so that I can say that I don't need it because my parents already bought it for me. I know that that is a little immature and passive aggressive but since I have so much trouble expressing my issues with her, sometimes that is all I've got!

Sorry your DH is sick, and hope you dont' catch it!!!

and it sounds like your MIL is trying to show off....just tell her she can look at your registry to see if you still need it (assuming you have one) and dont' give her the satisfaction of show and tell. My DH is an only child also and his mom can be pushy too...and i just passily let her know she's wrong or that that isnt' how we do things now.