Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-06-2009, 10:58 AM   #1
Registered Users
Cord Blood Banking

Just wondering if anyone has done this and what their experience has been?

Last edited by crazykerry; 09-06-2009 at 10:59 AM. Reason: spelling error
crazykerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:51 PM   #2
Registered Users
Formerly: jaydenandsethsmommy
My Mood:
Re: Cord Blood Banking

We finally decided to do it with our new baby. We went with CBR. I love them! They maybe a little more money but they store the cells in Arizona where there are no natural disasters. They have generators if they loose power. They came within a hour after at the hospital after I had the baby. For siblings it's a 75% match, for myself being the mom I am a 100% match. They try to collect a million + cells, with us they collected over a billion viabal cells. They have done a awesome job - I highly recommend them!
Christian Homeschool CD, BF Mom w/ 4 kiddos (7, 5, 3 +1 yrs) PLUS baby 5 due April 2013! FEEL FREE TO STOP BY + VISIT MY BLOG
ourfamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:42 AM   #3
Registered Users

Unfortunately not enough people don't know about the invaluable nature of cordblood. I personally believe that if someone has the ability to insure that his or her child will have a safety net g-d forbid he/she will contract a life-threatening disease then there is no way he can walk away from that. Though there is a price, I feel that the value of life outweighs it all. What do you guys think about public vs private?
erinjameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:44 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

We did it with our 3rd child with Alpha Cord. Cheaper than others, but the all companies use the same handful of banks. We chose a NJ bank. We had planned to bank our 4th childs to save in a different bank (still through Alpha cord), but he came really fast and by the time the doc arrived there was no blood in the cord to harvest.
It was neat, the courier arrived super fast and the bank was able to store a good amount after processing. It gives me some peace of mind.
If I couldn't afford to bank, I would definately look into donating it.
Stacey ~ mama to 3 sweet girls and 1 little prince
syfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:26 AM   #5
Registered Users
Formerly: jdunn79
My Mood:

We didn't bank the cord blood, but we did donate it. Donated cord blood is used for transplant and research. I feel good about that.
mom2littleman is offline   Reply With Quote