Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-17-2007, 08:42 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Preschool/kindergarten dilemma.

I vote for the 3 yr old class as well. My DD (born Aug 30) Started last year in the 3 yr old class 2 days a week. At the end of the year they had a "graduation" , and it turned out that every single kid in her class was actually coming back the next year. Now she is in the 4 yr old class 3 days a week, with mostly the same kids (a few went to other schools, a few new kids came) and she loves it. I agree that so much that first year is social, and they spend so much time concentrating on their new friends that there's not much time to be bored. I plan on doing the same with my DS, except he will be turning 4 the first year and turning 5 the next, starting K and turning 6 (He has a Nov birthday).

Teneik~ Proud Navy Wife to Shaune and SAHM to Gabrielle (8/02) and Sebastian (11/05)
TeneikM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:46 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

IMO i would put him in the 3 yr old class. He probably wont get bored. i am being faced with the dilema to have my 5 yr old repeat kindergarten. He has a sept birthday, so will be turing 6 in the fall, but acedemically, we dont really think he is *ready* for first yet. Sigh
Good luck to you mama!
shoefairy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:06 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

I agree preschool is so much more.Megan will be going this fall because she begged so much to go...we picked a very good academically and socially-I married into a family with lots of teachers.Megan is going to be 4 but already doing Kgarten work because she begs to do it(I hate pushy parents-kids should be kids) She already knew everything that they are just now teaching at the ps open house but she will make friends and boost her confidence in what she already knows-now I'm not so sure that's a good thing
She will also be one of the youngest in Kgarten-we have year round school here and we are on the private school wait list so that's not looking hopeful but she will be able to handle it she's already doing the work and I cant convince anyone that meets her she's only going to be 4..but her big brother who actually turned 6 on graduation was the youngest and if I could go back and wait another year I would..he really could have used that extra year to mature more.
Holly Wife for 18 years DS Kevin 5/28/91 showing us daily the wonders of Aspergers Megan 5/20/03 Ethan 3/23/05
Take a walk with an autistic person and see the World as it should be...beuatiful and full of wonder
HBuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 10:59 AM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

Both my younger girls miss the cutoff for K and I can't afford preschool so I'm just going to do things at church, teach them at home and deal with it. I thought about pushing to get dd1 to get into K early but then someone said thats fine until they hit teenage years and did I really want my dd to be 13 hanging out with 14 year olds and that made me change my mind quick. LOL!!

I held my son back from K because he wasn't socially ready and he's doing great in K now.
Karen, sahm to Kevin (9), Laura (7) and Sarah (4)
karenann33 is offline   Reply With Quote