View Poll Results: wake the baby or let them sleep?
wake them up at their regular time 5 7.46%
let them oversleep a little bit (up to 30 minutes) 23 34.33%
let them sleep until they wake up 39 58.21%
other? 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-14-2009, 04:37 PM   #21
Registered Users
Re: wake the baby or let them sleep?

I rarely wake a sleeping baby; the only exceptions are if I have a newborn that needs to eat or if their extra sleep starts going on so long that it interferes with their next nap/bedtime.

Rebekah ~Wife to my love, Mama to my two littles, Stepmom to one beautiful young woman~
Forever in my heart; Luisa Grace and her tiny siblings.
"In your children, you've been handed a piece of history in advance - a gracious gift you send to a time you will not see." ~Tim Kimmel
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:19 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:

I usually let DD sleep as long as she wants. She has days where she won't take more than a 30min nap and I figure she's probably catching up on sleep.

That and I HATE waking a sleeping baby. Sometimes I have to wake her when I take or pick up my older kids at school. It's sooo painful though!
Laine - SAHM to W-4/18/96 ,L 1/22/98 , E - 10/21/07 and C- Jan 11 '10
Ellowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:04 PM   #23
Registered Users
My Mood:

I've never had to wake DD in the morning, but I have from a nap before if I thought it was going to interfere with bedtime. In that situation, I open the door to her room and engage in a little light activity (cleaning up, folding laundry, etc.) so that she's pretty sure to wake up, but still on her own. She's like me though: she does NOT do well being woken up and needs the transition
mommy to my daughter 11/07
some days you're the dog and others you're the hydrant.
twirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:16 PM   #24
Registered Users

Originally Posted by JamieJLD View Post
I don't have to wake my DD up in the morning - she always wakes up on her own between 6 and 7 AM and it never affects her naps or bedtime.
I think I jinxed myself by saying this yesterday. This morning my DD slept until 7:30 AM. Her morning nap was all off and she took an early and too-short afternoon nap. Now I am enjoying the crankiest toddler ever known to mankind. She keeps screaming and freaking out about weird things and has fallen down and hurt herself WAY more than normal.

I take it back. I'll start waking her up in the morning too if she sleeps unusually late. I don't want another day like today.

Last edited by JamieJLD; 09-15-2009 at 03:17 PM.
JamieJLD is offline   Reply With Quote