Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-16-2007, 10:36 AM   #21
Steve's Wife
Registered Users
seller

Re: who here was bullied as a kid and who here was a bully?

I was picked on on occasion, never really bullies. And there was a group of girls I hung with in middle school, one of whom was a bully, and I ended bullying a girl that I was sort of friends with. It was just once but 13 years later I still feel bad. I wish I could apologize. I don't even remember her last name. I am not that type of person at all, and I wasn't then. I did a lot of stuff under that girls influence that I am ashamed of.

Advertisement

Steve's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:40 PM   #22
tomatojane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was bullied for being tall, skinny, smart and having glasses. I also had terrible hair and wore mama made clothes. It still deeply affects me.
tomatojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:36 PM   #23
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

I gave one girl a hard time in elementary school...and it has eaten away at me for a long time..and to this day, I would give anything to find her and apologize and make up for it. I didn't do anything really bad, but I know how bad even the littlest things can make you feel...and like I said..I would just give anything to find her. I was bullied for the rest of my school aged years. Nothing serious, just I was unpopular and got picked on when they needed someone. It does still affect me to this day. I'm very self concious and have serious social anxiety. And this has a lot to do with my dad and other "loved ones", but I have ZERO self confidence.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:43 PM   #24
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was teased mercilessly in Junior High...over things that were out of my hands, and very much a part of who I was.
I was teased about having acne. I tried everything to get rid of it, but nothing worked. They called me horrible names, and I even remember the boy I liked saying "you've got a nice body, but not a nice face." That hurt me immensely.

I was teased for being poor. My dad and I were all alone, and we didn't have much. We drove an old beat up van, and I wore KMart clothes. At one point, people even started holding their nose when I went by and saying "ewww, werent those the same pants you wore yesterday? GROSSE!".

I was also teased because of my eye. I am blind in my right eye, and so it doesnt track normally. It "drifts" (much like a severe lazy eye). I was called Cyclopse, monster, freak....and people used to go "damn, thats freakin scary...Im looking at you, but your weird eye is totally looking somewhere else. NASTY!".

It effected my deeply. I developed a pretty bad complex due to 2 years worth of teasing from 8am to 3pm Monday through Friday. Even now that I am grown and my acne isnt so bad, I dress a bit better and Im not as self concious of my eye....I still walk looking at the pavement. And when I speak to people, I look away from them. Im sure they wonder why, but I cant help it. I always imagine they are thinking "eww, what is wrong with her eye?".

Bullying is no joke. My children will NEVER bully anyone. PERIOD.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:06 AM   #25
karenann33
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was teased as a kid for too many reasons to type here and yes I'm traumatized by it. Unfortunately my ds has the same shy personality as me so he's already being picked on in K. Needless to say I'm putting him in Taekwondo so he can at least defend himself later if the need arises.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:16 AM   #26
chelle0518
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9 View Post
Just wanted to see what everyone has to say on this one. How does it (if at all) affect you today?

To start it off, I was called miss. piggy cause my nose.
OMG, me too. I love my nose now though....go figure. I was on both sides of the coin, bullied and bullier. It doesn't affect me today, thank God...literally. I am very vigilant with my children though, because I know it can soooo affect them. They are told to treat others with respect and the way they would want to be treated. Differences in people are just that, we teach them that the should not point them out, because the person with the difference most likely is well aware of it!
Old 03-17-2007, 10:42 AM   #27
amandaev
Registered Users
seller

This is a sad thread. I can't read alot of the posts b/c I will cry if I do. I'm pregnant too. But my pet peave is bullies. I was bullied. Let's see...

That was me in the 6th grade, if that helps you get a mental picture. It was 1990 mind you. Okay, I had glasses, hairy arms, a gap between my teeth "you could park a car between", later on braces, was no good in P.E. (for some reason this really mattered to kids). And I'm just a goofy kind of girl, I like to laugh and have fun, I guess people thought that was weird back then. SO, I got made fun of for the music I like (let's just say I wasn't into NKOTB), the clothes I wore ("I think my grandma has the sweater"). Also my friends were a little nerdy (but to this day the most bestest friends you could ever ask for). By High School I turned into the beautiful Swan, and I'm not being conceided. I wasn't a bombshell, but I blossomed. I'm fine with it all now. I LOVE the gap between my teeth. I wouldn't change it for the world. It was so hard to go through, but now I embrace my big feet (I forgot to mention that), I laugh at my hairyness, I love my frackles, and my "ghost" white skin. I dont look like every other Jane walking down the street. I just think it is so sad that people are bullied because they don't look like what we see in magizines. It is so sad, it breaks my heart. I dont even think I have the worst case cenerio to speak of either. I just wish it didn't happen.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:14 AM   #28
chelle0518
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaev View Post
By High School I turned into the beautiful Swan, and I'm not being conceided. I wasn't a bombshell, but I blossomed. I'm fine with it all now.
I'd agree, you're a very pretty mama
Old 03-17-2007, 12:52 PM   #29
sageandquinnsmommy
Registered Users

I was bullied too. I was really small, and always looked way younger than everyone else and I got called "Baby" and "Sissy" because of that. One girl in particular gave me wedgies or punched me in the arm every time she saw me. She was horrible. By high school I used my small stature to be the top of the pyramids on the cheerleading squad, I was even co-captain. It didn't help the bullying. The girl who gave me wedgies all through elementary school upped her bullying by high school and tortured me endlessly. She, and her friends, would yell horrible things from the stands as I cheered. She even ran me off the road one day after school. One day I just snapped. She knocked a pom out of my hand as I was heading to the parking lot to go home. The pom landed in a mud puddle and something in me went berzerk. I turned around and threw her on the hood of a car and proceeded to punch her repeatedly in the face as hard as I could. Up until that point in my life I had never done anything violent like that (and never have since). Even though she had it coming (8 years of torment deserves a punch in the nose in my opinion) I still feel horrible when I think about it. But she never bothered me again.