Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-15-2009, 06:49 PM   #1
eljube112
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
growing pains??

My almost 2yo has woken both of the last 2 nights screaming in pain. When I asked him where his pain was he pointed to his legs. My first thought was growing pains, except that he's still so young? He also had a fever for the last 2 days so DH ended up taking him in to see the doc.

Has anyone had a lo with growing pains this young? What do you do to relieve the pain? I don't want to drug him every night just to get him to sleep.

During the day he is normal (except for the low grade fever). He's playing normally and acting happy until about 2 hours after he goes to bed when he wakes up crying. Any thoughts?

Advertisement

eljube112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:58 PM   #2
MumsLittleGarden
Registered Users
Formerly: hth***r
seller

Re: growing pains??

My 4 year old has growing pains that probably started at about 2 or so. Growing pains really only happen at night, so your son should be fine during the day. My pedi actually told me that there should not be leg pains during the day and if there is, then you need to get testing started.

For her pain, I bought an amber necklace and that really has made a huge difference! I didn't believe that it would, but if she wears the necklace, then she has much less pain. Also we use one of those microwavable heating pads and I heat it just to warm (not hot!) and put that on her legs too. That seems to help her sleep a lot. Nights when it's very bad we give her motrin.

Good luck. I know it's hard when you see your little one hurting.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:01 PM   #3
heidisue
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: growing pains??

DH has growing pains (24 months) that started a couple of months ago. Like the PP said - they are at night (his can start before he is actually asleep, but it is night) and the pain is just above and below the joints - especially the knee. If that is the pain and timing then I would definitely guess growing pains.
heidisue is offline   Reply With Quote