Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:31 PM   #21
Registered Users
Re: dd will not go to sleep, stay asleep, or sleep PERIOD!

have you considered dropping a nap? my dd went thru the same thing at that would think that a child that age would need more sleep but every kid is different. Just keep her up longer in the morning and start transitioning to a longer nap late morning and skip the evening one. When we were doing this, my daughter would have a quiet time in the afternoon for about an quietly in her room, read books, listen to quiet music and just have some down time but not nap. Eventually the quiet time is gone and she is just off running most of the days. She was very different than all my daycare kids.....most of the other kids are still needing two or even three naps a day at that age. Another thing to consider, if she is happy in her room playing, don't feel bad to step away from the monitor to get some things done. I know that it is very hard to not become overwhelmed with what your child is "supposed" to be doing but every kid is different. If she is happy and not appearing overtired during the day then I personally would back off the schedule for a bit and just follow her cue. She may fall into a new routine on her own. Hope you find something that works asap!

doodah is offline   Reply With Quote