Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2009, 07:02 AM   #11
karabeth05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weaning from the Paci..

Quote:
Originally Posted by z1ggy23 View Post
LOL.. I think DD has about 20 pacis stashed throughout the house I have two VERY different pacis for DD and DS (and DD has never shown an interest in other kid's pacis) and she KNOWS which one is DS's and is constantly trying to give it to him...

honestly, I think I am just going to get her back down to naps and night and leave it at that for a while... I don't have an issue with nights and naps.
we can't ever seem to find them, but dd will just have one all of the sudden and we're like i'm pretty sure she's been hoarding/hiding them since only a few months old honestly, i don't think there's anything wrong with naps and night ds never took a paci, but he has a stuffed dog lovey that he still is very much attached to and he's about to be 6. doesn't bother me

Advertisement

have you seen the One Happy Baby Diaper Pattern?
karabeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:16 AM   #12
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weaning from the Paci..

I don't see why it's a big deal. She's not going to go to college with it, kwim? My son was the KING of binks! He loved them, was completely addicted, I thought he'd have it until he was 10 (seriously). He's 3.5 right now and he just gave them up on his own for a birthday cake, rofl. I do think narrowing down to naps and night time would be a good idea once she gets used to brother being there, but bink weaning shouldn't be an issue and so many people make it one. It's not going to hurt her, so there is no reason to stress about taking them away. She'll give it up when she's ready.