Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-17-2007, 07:54 AM   #1
Kiddo353
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Exclamation Transitioning to crib

ok, so about 3 months ago, dd got a SUPER bad cold and the only way for her to get decent sleep was in her swing. This cold lasted for 3 wks, and by the time she got better...she REFUSED to sleep in her bassinett anymore. Now she is 5 1/2 months and is having SERIOUS issues if I put her in her crib. How do you transition to the crib without having to have your baby CIO? I feel like a horrible mom. I know this happed with dd#2 but she seemed to take to it much sooner and easier than dd#3. HELP!!!

Advertisement

Old 03-17-2007, 10:19 AM   #2
Kiddo353
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Transitioning to crib

come on mama's!! I need some advice!!
Old 03-17-2007, 10:28 AM   #3
paulnkyliesmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm probally not a whole lot of help here, i just went in paul's bedroom and nursed him with it all dark and some peaceful music on and then layed him down while he was pretty much asleep.Ky was even easier since she didn't care as long as she had paul in the room.now that they are older they get up and play.
paulnkyliesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 10:29 AM   #4
jackie010307
Registered Users
seller

Michael (will be 6 next month) didn't want to move to his crib at all. I didn't want him to cio so I started looking into several different ideas. We started with staying for a while and letting him see that we were still there. I actually slept on his floor!! What finally worked for us was I slept with his blankey for a few nights then let him have it in his crib. That was all it took!! We bought another blankey that looked just like his so I could sleep with one while he slept with the other!!
Old 03-17-2007, 11:53 AM   #5
Kiddo353
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thing is...she already has a blanket that has my "scent" on it. I think it's more of a she hates being flat on her back or on her tummy thing. she will scream and scream and scream and if she sees me it's even worse. I just don't know what to do....I'f tried laying her down asleep and she wakes right up and HOWLS!!
Old 03-17-2007, 08:22 PM   #6
stella072
Registered Users
seller

I started my DD out by putting her down for naps in her crib & that seemed to work really well. At first I'd put her in the crib already asleep & then eventually would put her down for naps when she was still awake but drowsy. After a few weeks she goes to bed in her crib every night. Sometimes a little crying but really only if she's really tired. If that happens I'll go in & get her & rock her for no more than 5 minutes & she's calm & ready to sleep. She's 5 1/2 months & has been in her crib for probably about 4 weeks.
Hope that helps.
stella072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:31 PM   #7
Stefany
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I started with naps during the day. The first night DS was in his crib for bedtime, he cried so I went in and rubbed his belly and talked to him and stayed with him until he fell asleep. He has never had to CIO but there have been times I laid on the floor in his room until he fell asleep.

The key for me was to not pick him up. I would touch him and whisper to him, but not pick him up. The very first time he slept in his crib for naptime, I put him in his carrier (where he liked to sleep)... buckled in and set him in his crib. I know that sounds stupid, but he was safe and comfortable. He did well and then I started putting him in the bed.

I did all this very early though. He was only 3 months old. We couldn't have him in our room anymore because DH gets up way too early and I was going back to work and needed to get sleep (I wasn't getting any waking up to DS's every noise).

I know some people who have the baby bed in their room so the baby is used to the same setting and then move the crib out into the baby's room. Not sure if this is an option for you, but it is a thought.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:47 PM   #8
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

You can maybe try elevating one end of the mattress to keep her head up? Would that help? I knew one mom that put a bouncy seat on vibrate under her DDs crib and the combination of the slight movement and noise I think helped a little.
Do you babywear? Could you try wearing her down somehow?
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:53 PM   #9
kissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My baby will sleep anywhere there is soft music..you could try that..
kissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:43 AM   #10
Kiddo353
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

let's see...I already do soft music in her room, I even have a noise maker (plays ocean waves crashing on the beach-both these she's fallen asleep to since birth) I've tried laying her on her belly, her back, laying her down while asleep, or drowsy, I've tried rubbing her back and shushing her softly, I've tried winding her mobile (this seems to work slightly-but she HOWLS when it stops) I've tried rocking her to sleep, I've tried swaddling her so she feels more secure...I am at the end of my blasted rope.