Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-17-2007, 05:33 PM   #11
Registered Users
Formerly: ultconsumer
Re: 15mos & this possible??!!

I agree that it is very possible. Just like all kids walk, talk, etc. at different ages, PL is no different. The most difficult part is finding trainers that fit and pull up and down nicely. I ended up having to make them myself. Also, panties for smaller kids are harder to find. DD is super tiny and we went to panties at 26 mos. The smallest we could find were at Target. Specifically the ones that said "Handcraft" on them. They had Elmo, Dora and Backyardigans on them. I don't remember what they had for boys, but if you can match the packages, you'll be OK.

Mile High Monkeys patterns available at Sewn soakers, shorties, longies, skirties
milehighmonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:33 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

There is a window betweem 15 and 18 months that babies will PL really quickly and easily. It's just a matter of "catching" that window...
Mama of 4
calapitters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:27 PM   #13
Registered Users

My DS is 14 months and he pooped in his potty (and I was shocked) but he hasn't done anything else since then. He likes to sit on his potty a lot though. How do you train to PL at this age? Let them run around naked? Or just watch for signs? Anyone have an suggestions for trainers at this age?
Wendy~ Homebirthing, Homeschooling, SAHM, Cloth diapering to: Jason (2/03) and Benjamin (1/06)
benjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:07 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

I'm going through this with my daughter too...she's 14 months. I've been introducing the potty to her since 11 months, and she got really consistent for awhile. Especially in the afternoons for some reason...but now she's back to not really wanting to sit on it. It's frustrating because she also hates to get her diaper changed!!! I'm hoping soon she'll catch on herself soon...but at least she knows what a potty is and what's supposed to happen in it, I guess! I'm hoping to make some trainers for her soon...maybe that will help us! I also think summertime will be ALOT easier...she can run free sometimes without freezing!
Olivia ... Mommy to Natalie 12/31/05 and Garrett 2/04/08

Polliwogs Recycled Wool Slippers
ocanfield is offline   Reply With Quote