Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-19-2007, 12:22 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Question for moms of tummy sleepers?

All 4 of the kids are tummy sleepers here.. always have been. To the point that if you tried to put them to sleep on their backs they'd flail themselves about so much so they managed to get on their tummies.. Hmm. When they were little and not rolling all the time, all naps where in the bassinet that was wherever I was in the house, so I could constantly take a look just in case.. at night it was either on mommy or daddy's chest, or in the bassinet right next to me and i'd wake up constantly just out of worry (until they started to roll over.... and even then until they started all the way sleeping through the night for more than a week lol!)
I always had to lie to peds about it too.. since even my oldest slept.. and still sleeps.. on her tummy, knees tucked up and butt in the air.. all of the kids sleep this way. It's actually kind of cute to walk in their rooms and check on them at night.. the 3 girls share the master bedroom (so they've got their own bathroom lol) .. and it's just so funny to see 3 little girls (okay so my 6.5yo argues that she is NOT little) sleepin on their tummies with their booties in the air..

At 7.5mo.. she probably can roll belly to back right? and I'm sure she's more than strong enough to turn her head from side to side.. I wouldn't be too worried. But if you are worried, I believe they sell something that goes under the sheet that would sound an alarm if baby stops breathing/moving for more then a "good" amount of time.. not sure what it's called though! but I have heard of them.

Felt food and Tutu's? Click here!
KisaMomma is offline   Reply With Quote