Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-17-2007, 06:19 PM   #1
babydogs3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
morning sickness

So I've just started getting morning sickness the past few days, very queasy stomach and vomiting. And if that wasn't bad enough I also have broncitis so I'm coughing so hard that that makes me feel like I'm going to throw up too.

What are the best remedies for morning sickness? I already eat crackers and drink ginger ale before I get out of bed in the morning.
What foods are good to eat when I feel nausea but am also hungry?

And is there anything safe to take for my coughing?

TIA!

Advertisement

Old 03-17-2007, 06:30 PM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: morning sickness

i'm sorry mama, nothing worked for me, i got some preggy pop drops form another ds mama and they help as long as you keep eating them..lol they taste really good, at least the ones i have do.
saltines made me feel worse and i havent tried ginger ale, i got on some anti nausea meds which are now making me feel worse so i didnt take any today. for the cough i am not sure, i will look at my list of safe meds and post back here asap
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 06:34 PM   #3
mama23boys
Banned
seller

hmm well as hard as it sounds make sure you have something in your tummy at least every 2hrs, i believe protein is a good one! i could never stomach ginger ale. oddly pepsi was ok!

i hope you find something that works but being like that isnt fun at all!
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:19 AM   #4
blueyed_boys
Registered Users

you can take 10-20 mg of vitamin B complex 1-3 times a day
Raspberry leaf tea
blueyed_boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:43 AM   #5
tarah1218
Registered Users
seller

agree with the person above me, those things are great...Sour candies that you can suck on, lemon water, biting into a lemon, drinking plenty of water, all those things helped me till I am not at this point and now all food sounds so good to me, you can't keep it away lol I promise it will get better before you know it but until than just get your rest, sometimes you just got to let it pass....are you sinus' draining? that made mine bad! If you get to upset where you cant even drink and start to feel weak go to the doctor, they can give you something, the doctor here gave me some natural herb in the form of a pill and it did wonders for me when I had the flu and after when I still had morning sickness. stick in there.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:32 AM   #6
wear_your_baby
Registered Users
seller

I'm going through it now. I'm so sorry. Def. keep having your snack before lifting your head off the pillow. Get up slowly. It's worse if I try to get right in the shower rather than mope around a bit. When you are able to keep food down, try to get some B6. Protein is also great, especially a high protein snack before bed. Lots of small snacks all day rather than trying to have meals. Preggie Pops or Drops or even Jolly Ranchers will keep blood sugar up. SLEEP. I notice it's so much worse if I have a bad night's sleep or skip my nap the day before. Get a full night sleep and try to nap in the day. Don't feel bad about lying on the couch. It won't last forever.
wear_your_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:12 PM   #7
babydogs3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for advice everyone. I need to send my dh to the store to get some of these things for me.