Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2009, 11:49 AM   #11
lydiamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: monday daffodil chat

Toby--I am a total downer too lately. I'm really not normally such a negative person! I just seem to be going throw a rough patch at the moment and the preggo hormones certainly don't help.

I forget who asked but we found the best binkies for bf babies were the gumdrop pacifier which I LOVE, and the Soothies. Usually they give you these types at the hospital. These are my favorite because they have a round nipple instead of flat, so they encourage your baby to wrap their tongue around it like they do the breast, rather than chomping on it. They are also both medical grade silicon.

AFM, well, I hate to just vent but my day has been . I JUST got over a cough I had for about a month, and then last night came down with a sore throat and stuffy nose. I really need to catch a break! It kept me up all night long and I didn't sleep a wink. Then this morning DH tries to put the heat on for the first time and it sets the smoke alarm off at 6am. Then I had to babysit not only my own kids but my niece as well while feeling like a zombie. I was supposed to have a good friend and her daughter over as well to help, but because I'm sick she didn't come. Then the maintenance man from our apartment came to check out the heater, opens the closet and finds a tube totally disconnected and broken. He asked if we had the heat on all night and I told him no just this morning and turned it right off, and he says "good because its blowing carbon monoxide right into the hallway when the heats on. Great. One of my worst household fears. He went out and got a new pipe piece and repaired the pipe with the new piece and a lot of industrial duct tape. Doesn't exactly instill confidence into my heart. I'm going to call the apt managers and tell them I refuse to turn our heat on until a qualified technician comes and checks it out. To top it all off we have roaches ALL over. When I turn the kitchen light on at night I see them scatter and kill about 20 each time.

And of course I'm still stressed about the baby being breech.

Pity party in the house! Hope you all have a better day.

Advertisement

Baltic Creations co-op now open
lydiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #12
kulaswifeandmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Today I've actually accomplished a lot! We had a really fun weekend. Saturday was rainy so we just stayed inside and the kids played and I just hung out with hubby. Sunday we went apple picking, got pumpkins and had treats.. Then we went to the playground, visited my grandparents and then went to my aunt's house so the kids could play. This AM I woke up, hubby made breakfast sandwiches for breakfast, he left for work and I did some preschool with the kids. =) Then we went outside to play and I started my 5th sock out of 6, so I am almost done! YAY! Now the kids are down for a nap and I am going to re-organize my pantry so my kids don't have to stay in their rooms in the AM (snacks and treats are on the bottom shelf so I need to fix it!)

So in about an hour I am going to be pooped and back to knitting! Hope you all have a lovely day
& Emris (6/27/11) Pregnant with #5, a boy! Due 11/10/14
kulaswifeandmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:19 PM   #13
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow melanie I would definately! Call the managers and also about the roach thing. In our old house in ga. We had woods behind us so we got the huge ones when winter started. They call them palmetto bugs. I freaked out like crazy. Thankgod they didn't breed and stay. Have you tried putting baking soda mixed with sugar? And place it around the house? Its natural. But that would gross me out. And I would go off and demand an exterminator come. Its a shame no matter how clean you can be and if your neighbor is.a slob you have to deal with it.
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:10 PM   #14
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hello!

Busy busy busy day!
My dad got home (we didn't even know he was released!), and he has so many more medical problems than we thought. He still has staples in his stomach and a colostomy bag, which I feel like I can smell all the time, and when he cleans it, he drops some in the bathroom. I feel like a meany, but I'm SUPER sensitive to it all.

I've got a child birth class tonight. Should be fun!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:32 PM   #15
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ariana, eww! I would not be able to handle that!

Melanie, another eww! Yuck I hate bugs! So glad we don't have any in this house! We did see a few roaches in our last house and I hated them!

Sorry everybody is having such a rough time lately! I hope everyone can get some sleep soon!

Nothing new going on here really. I made Nadia some fleece pants this morning and they turned out ok, they were my first ever so not too terrible for my first time I guess. The waist is too big though so they fall down, gonna put a drawstring in them and next time try to make the waistband smaller! She's PT'd already so they are just going to be comfy lounge pants...not for a diaper cover or anything but I'm trying to learn how to make them to sell later on and to make some for the baby. Can't wait to go fleece shopping now so I can make some more!

I'm having trouble drinking enough water lately. I keep trying to make myself drink lots but its not workin. I have a water bottle that I keep filled and keep with me all the time but maybe I should get a new one to keep me motivated or something. lol I've had this one for like 6 months already.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:12 PM   #16
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

Tryin something about old people. My dad makes messes everywhere and it drives me nuts. About the colostomy. Make sure he is wiping the outside when he empties it. Some people don't and its so gross and unhygenic. He must feel awful with it. Also pepermint essential oil sprinkled on a wash cloth left in the bathroom helps wonders! Abbi that's cute I remember when I made stuff it didn't turn out how I envisioned it you will get it what. About adding elastic? Although a drawstring will probably be easier.
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:19 PM   #17
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah I'm not very good at elastic! It would work perfect but not sure I could do it. I can't wait to try another pair and hopefully the waistband turns out a little better!

Ariana, hope I didn't sound rude. That must be awful for your dad, I hope he gets better soon. And maybe he will get the hang of emptying it and it won't be so messy/stinky. I like Fans idea about essential oils on a cloth. I am obsessed with smelly stuff right now! I LOVE herbal smells, laundry soap, dish soap, air fresheners, febreez....you name it! lol I have a little pouch with herbs in it (from Ozark Herbals) hanging in the bathroom and I just have to stop and smell it nearly every time I'm in the bathroom! Its so yummy! And have you seen the Dawn dish soap bottles with an air freshener on the bottom?? I LOVE IT!