Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-22-2007, 09:42 AM   #1
Mamma Christi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
# of diapers you have compared to # you use.

I've been reading over the posts where people say how many diapers they have and the posts where people know they have too many diapers. Everyone always mentions the diapers they have in rotation and how some of their diapers almost never get worn.

Does anyone here use all of their diapers pretty regularly? Right now I have about 25, soon to be closer to 35 (not including the medium stash I'm building up) and I use them all basically the same amount. The cute ones, the not as cute ones...I use them all. Sure, I have my favorites but I never choose any more often than others. Am I the only one that does this?

So about how many diapers do you think you have compared to how many are in rotation. Do you only use 1/2 of them? 1/3? 3/4?

Advertisement

Mom to Jacob 10/25/06, #2 EDD September 18.
Mamma Christi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:47 AM   #2
Kiddo353
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: # of diapers you have compared to # you use.

Actually....to me it SOUNDS like I have a TON of diapers....but I am realizing that if I don't wash EVERY night...I run out of diapers before the end of the next day between both girls they run through them pretty quick. Can't wait to get all my fluffy mail coming in so I don't wear out my dipes by washing EVERY night!
Old 03-22-2007, 09:47 AM   #3
bug2003
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The only diapers I'm not currently using that are in my stash are my prefolds. I rotate eveything so that everything gets used and washed. I have a large enough stash that I still have a couple days worth left when I wash diapers. The freshly washed diapers go in the back of the rotation. I LOVE every diaper I own. Any diaper I didn't love, went away on FSOT.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:51 AM   #4
Mamma Christi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddo353 View Post
Actually....to me it SOUNDS like I have a TON of diapers....but I am realizing that if I don't wash EVERY night...I run out of diapers before the end of the next day between both girls they run through them pretty quick. Can't wait to get all my fluffy mail coming in so I don't wear out my dipes by washing EVERY night!
How many do you have?
My other thing is that I hang dry my diapers so I can't just constantly reuse my favorite ones lol
Mom to Jacob 10/25/06, #2 EDD September 18.
Mamma Christi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:53 AM   #5
Catrinau
Registered Users
seller

I use 95% of my stash regularly. The other 5% are just really awful diapers and I should really get rid of them. I have them there in case of emergency, though and I'm not sure if I wanna get rid of them for that reason.

Mom to 3 rough and tumble boys. Wife to one totally awesome man!

My Crafting Blog!
Catrinau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:53 AM   #6
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyratekk View Post
How many do you have?
My other thing is that I hang dry my diapers so I can't just constantly reuse my favorite ones lol
This is exactely my problem

course I have a tendancy to get addicted to anything that I love-scrapbooking, sewing, gymboree list goes on and one so I'm trying really hard to keep it in check
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:54 AM   #7
stella072
Registered Users
seller

if I notice that I'm not using something as often as the others I sell it. I pretty much rotate thru the whole stash each time.
stella072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:54 AM   #8
CTH3989
Registered Users
seller

I have 20 diapers and I use them all.

Chelci
CTH3989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:56 AM   #9
presleycaedmon
Registered Users
seller

I have 19 diapers (13 bg 2.o and 6 fuzzi fannies) and they all get used the exact same amount. I wash every other day and hang dry the pockets.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:07 AM   #10
cotton_jmb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyratekk View Post
I've been reading over the posts where people say how many diapers they have and the posts where people know they have too many diapers. Everyone always mentions the diapers they have in rotation and how some of their diapers almost never get worn.

Does anyone here use all of their diapers pretty regularly? Right now I have about 25, soon to be closer to 35 (not including the medium stash I'm building up) and I use them all basically the same amount. The cute ones, the not as cute ones...I use them all. Sure, I have my favorites but I never choose any more often than others. Am I the only one that does this?

So about how many diapers do you think you have compared to how many are in rotation. Do you only use 1/2 of them? 1/3? 3/4?

We keep 22 toddler prefolds and 10 fitteds in his rotation. I love using the fitteds with his wool shorties the best. We keep 3 Soaker/Shorties and usually 5 Covers for his size in rotation! It works out for us. I've been thinning the stash down as he's nearing potty training. So we are pretty much using them all in rotation! Love them all!