Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-30-2009, 12:38 PM   #1
lemurkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Wool related questions

Hey Ladies!

I have some wool related questions!

How do you wash your wool? Hand wash? or soak in the machine and spin it out? (I do know not to put it through on a regular cycle because it will felt lol)

What do you use for washing? Wool wash, soap etc? Where do I get wool wash? what's in it and what is your favorite brand?

Lanolizing....Do I have to lanolize every time? How do you lanolize and where do you get it from? and again whats your fav brand and why?

And how often do you wash your woollies?

Advertisement

Old 10-09-2009, 11:51 AM   #2
jenrozeb
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Wool related questions

I`m going to bump this because I found it in search. I need to learn about lanolizing better, what is the best way to bulletproof wool! LOL

I soaked a new pair of capris in Ewe Need It, dried them and she wore them today to a Dr. appointment. She leaked all over my jeans while sitting on my lap :/
jenrozeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #3
aLittleBouncingSoul
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've just started using wool, but I'll answer as well as I can...

How do you wash your wool?
I handwash mine in my kitchen sink with a little bit of wool wash. I have a bar and some liquid wash that I got from MMB. She has a really good selection, and free shipping

Lanolizing....Do I have to lanolize every time? My wool washes have lanoline in them, so it is in every wash.

And how often do you wash your woollies? I wash mine once a month, if they get poo on them, or if they get stinky.
aLittleBouncingSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #4
jenrozeb
Registered Users

My Mood:

What is MMB? Where do I find it?
Old 10-10-2009, 06:57 AM   #5
mommylifew3
Registered Users
seller
seller

This is my routine:

I fill the sink with tempid water with a squirt of baby wash. right side out, I dunk my wool a few times and scrub any spots with a wool wash bar. Remove wool and turn wrong side out.

In the microwave I heat for 1 minute, 1 inch strip of lnasinah lanolin, 1 cup water and 1 squirt baby wash. It may need another minute to fully dissolve. Then shake or stir to break up any clumps of lanolin. Add to your sink. I also add a bit more water while rubbing my wool wash bar under the water.

I then add my wool (wrong side out) and let it soak for .5 - a few hours. Drain the water, remove the wool, roll it in a towel and lay flat to dry.

This is a pretty lanolin heavy method for 1st use. After that you may be able to pair down some.

Aimee

Join Eco-Wrapz on Facebook to see my Latest Work
mommylifew3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:57 AM   #6
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I use a liquid woolwash with lanolin, and the sink method. I like the woolwashes from Luxe on hyenacart. There's a good video on you tube...maybe do a search for washing wool longies.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:24 AM   #7
starfiin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I lanolized DS's wool cover a couple days ago- and he wore it last night- and TOTALLY soaked through...did I not lanolize enough??
Old 10-10-2009, 02:22 PM   #8
jenrozeb
Registered Users

My Mood:

I`m thinking I`m not lanolizing enough too. I only soaked mine for about 15 minutes, ones that had never been treated.