Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-14-2009, 11:04 AM   #1
vligertwood
Registered Users

My Mood:
TTC Again

Well, DH and I ttc for many years and after 3 failed cycles gave up due to the fact they suggested using donor eggs and we couldn't afford to do 2 cycles at once. Well, we went the adoption route and now have a wonderful beautiful baby girl. I was lurking here one day and found a post about snowflake babies. We've looked into it an now are on the treadmill again. We are just at the upper limit of age, so it seems like everything is a huge rush in order to beat the deadline. Anyway on to my question, has anyone here used the National Embryo Donation Center? and if so how were they? I'm scheduled next week for our initial consult, but have a few concerns since they gave me a cancellation appt. (for which I'm grateful) but it seems that they wanted me on Altace for the mock transfer. I've got a call in now to the nurse, but just wanted some feedback. Oh, and we've elected not to let any of our friends and family know that we're ttc again. We don't want to go thru the questions we know they will raise.

thanks for listening.

Advertisement

vligertwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:10 AM   #2
Sonoran Bloom
Registered Users

Re: TTC Again

I don't know anything about the National Embryo Donation Center but I just wanted to say congratulations on your baby girl and good luck on your newest journey!
Sonoran Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:34 PM   #3
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That seems strange to me. However I am no expert. I have only done conventional IVF.

Do you have issues with your blood?

With my past mock transfers I wasn't on anything... not even the drugs I am on for the cycles.

Good luck!
Old 10-16-2009, 11:12 AM   #4
vligertwood
Registered Users

My Mood:

No, it seems its just a standard thing for them with the mock transfers. I didn't have anything like that with my previous mock transfer before. The nurse finally called back and said that the doctor said it was fine without it. So we're off to Tennessee next week. Hopefully the first implantation will be in January with March and May available if it doesn't take.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:56 PM   #5
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Good luck! I am also doing a frozen embryo transfer in January.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:30 PM   #6
vligertwood
Registered Users

My Mood:

Went to the appointment. We are scheduled for the January transfer. They did most of the testing while I was there, I was worried because I'd actually started my menses. I'll just have to have my local fertility center to have blood work and an us next month.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:46 PM   #7
kt~mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: ben***katieh
seller

My Mood:

and tons of to you! i don't know about the center you're going with either, but i was just reading about an adoption program for embryos which stemmed from a desire to donate frozen embryos couples undergoing fertility treatments were choosing not to use, rather than to donate them to research or just dispose of them. i don't know if that's the same sort of thing you are doing... but if so, think it's an absolutely fantastic idea. what a great way to add to a family. if i'm way off base here, then just ignore the above